Windows 10: W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

Discus and support W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today Defender gave me a false positive of a Trojan virus in a app that I know is clean (as admitted by many people on the internet and I used it many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BududubNow, Apr 22, 2020.

1. W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

Today Defender gave me a false positive of a Trojan virus in a app that I know is clean (as admitted by many people on the internet and I used it many times before and nothing happened).

After it gave me the false positive, I brought back the file/app from the quarantine and it let me use it normally. I did a single file scan of that file afterwards to see if Defender will give me a positive again but it said a file was ommited in scan so I thought it probably added that file to the exclusion list but... it's not there. The list is empty. How can I un-exclude a "ghost" exclusion?

submitted by /u/BududubNow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BududubNow, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Exclusions

An exclusion is a way to keep (deny) certain files and/or folders from being scanned by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner. This is typically accomplished by changing settings...adding a file or folder to the software's exclusion
    list so the scanning engine will ignore it. Reasons for excluding a file are to prevent potential conflicts with your anti-virus, eliminate

false positive
    detection's of a legitimate file and to speed up the scanning process.

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 22, 2020
  4. W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

Windows Defender Antivirus Scan exclusions

If there is anything in Windows Defender Exclusion list, then it won't be scan and if it is malicious program, it won't detect.

It is better to remove all programs from exclusion list (if you didn't add them) and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

1. W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan... - Similar Threads - W10 Defender exclusion

2. Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?: I'm following directions to build Mozilla Firefox. They tell you to exclude both their build tool folder, and the source code folder. I did that... Even made an empty folder for the source code as Defender wouldn't let me add an exclusion on something that didn't exist. Some...
  3. Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?

Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?: I'm following directions to build Mozilla Firefox. They tell you to exclude both their build tool folder, and the source code folder. I did that... Even made an empty folder for the source code as Defender wouldn't let me add an exclusion on something that didn't exist. Some...
  4. Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is Defender scanning my excluded work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  7. Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder: Hello, these two images show setup of windows defender and hdd usage by antivirus. I excluded folder from VMUbuntu and vmem file from defender and then I see it scanning exactly the same folder and file. This permanently blocks my computer and I have to shut it down...
  8. Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scanning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scanning: But there is nothing in the exclusion list? I've run Malwarebytes too and it detected nothing. I'm paranoid help. submitted by /u/nirvanaoohnana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flvw7i/windows_defender_scan_said_it_skipped_something/
  9. Can't exclude file from windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't exclude file from windows defender: There is literally no option to exclude a folder. My pc is not activated btw. submitted by /u/Thicccccboio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hbrm/cant_exclude_file_from_windows_defender/
  10. which file types to exclude from AV scans?

which file types to exclude from AV scans?: I use NIS (free with Comcast). I have several TB of total files on my system and I would like to exclude file types can can be excluded safely. As an example, I do a lot of photography, so I want to exclude NEF (RAW file created by Nikon cameras) and PSD (file type created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. agregar exclusion windows defender