Windows 10: W10 deleted my empty folders?

Discus and support W10 deleted my empty folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RogellParadox, May 30, 2019.

1. W10 deleted my empty folders?

I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on my computer and notice they are not there anymore. WTF MICROSOFT?

Can someone relate to that? How can I solve it? I'm trying to find a good software but it's hard to find one to recover directories.

:)

RogellParadox, May 30, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused W10 deleted my empty folders? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well W10 deleted my empty folders? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 30, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 30, 2019
  4. W10 deleted my empty folders?

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown W10 deleted my empty folders? :(

lyndonguitar, May 30, 2019
Thema:

W10 deleted my empty folders?

1. W10 deleted my empty folders? - Similar Threads - W10 deleted empty

2. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  3. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  4. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i am not able to delete this empty folder

i am not able to delete this empty folder: [ATTACH] i tried to delete it in safe mode too but this folder never disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-empty-folder/d3e8d75e-9a9d-413b-b086-5f28b83d1352
  6. Unable to delete an empty folder

Unable to delete an empty folder: I'm getting error message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." The folder structure is: Documents/LOGS/Documents/Daily Logs Documents/LOGS/Documents/Musings Documents/LOGS/Documents/TEDHNICAL/...
  7. can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder

can i delete the empty 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6 folder: I was looking in my user folder in the C: drive and I noticed that I have an empty folder called 56d77f07730ae9aace99dc73adefa6. I want to know If I can delete this folder without breaking anything....
  8. Empty folders being automatically deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folders being automatically deleted: My empty folders on the Documents one are automatically deleted against my will. 144775
  9. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete: Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen...
  10. Empty folders after W10 update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Empty folders after W10 update 1809: Hi everyone, I have a critical issue. A few hours ago I updated my laptop to the 1809 Windows 10 version. After the reboot my Documents and Pictures folders are empty! Desktop, Download and Music folders are ok. In the C: disk a windows.old folder has been created but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 delete empty folders