Windows 10: W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive...

Discus and support W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi - This is my very first question in the forum. So please bear with me. My W10 x64 desktop had been bsod-ing for many weeks now and seems to be dying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RI108, Apr 21, 2020.

1. RI108 Win User

W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive...

Hi - This is my very first question in the forum. So please bear with me. My W10 x64 desktop had been bsod-ing for many weeks now and seems to be dying every hour after a good restart. Before dying the desktop freezes totally - cannot change windows, close current window etc. however can move the mouse around for nothing. After restarting the bios fails to recognize the boot device128GB ssd sata storage. It is not in the sata list and obviously not in boot sequence. i seem to have hit a complete road block with this one.

Have removed the graphics card and using the onboard graphics adapter. have disconnected the internal 1TB storage now have just the 128GB ssd. Have run the memtest86 and all clear.

I know I havent given any specifics here except the general statement of the problem and some usual preliminary diagnostic actions.

The W10 version was a upgrade mid las year 2019 from the registered version of W7.

Appreciate if someone in the forum can guide me to a solution. Absolutely at my wits end and driving me crazy.

:)

RI108, Apr 21, 2020

2. Computer stuck in reboot loop after BSOD error 'Critical Process Died'

My computer just started displaying the "Critical Process Died" BSOD. It is a HP Pavilion which previously ran Windows 7, but has been updated to Windows 10. It has been running fine, and just recently the desktop and taskbar started freezing up. I restarted
    it, but it stuck on the "Restarting" screen, and never restarted. I ended up doing a hard reboot. When I turned it on, the BSOD was being displayed, but the percentage never made any progress after hours of waiting. Any way to fix this?

Original title: Critical Process Died- BSOD

XenoCherry9, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 21, 2020
  4. W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive...

BSOD critical process died

I am running win10... have gotten BSOD with the message critical process died. the computer will reboot with about 10 mins of use then the BSOD again with the same msg, will hang for quite a while then reboot. Tried to send dump files but there is no email
    address to send them. I would really like to revert to 7.... Your help is appreciated ASAP.

Stephanie

StephanieQuick, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive...

1. W10 desktop BSOD every hour with critical process died and on reboot loses the boot drive... - Similar Threads - W10 desktop BSOD

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died, rebooting loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Critical Process Died, rebooting loop: My laptop started crashing a few months ago. With memory management Bsod. Yesterday it crashed and had this new error, rebooting as soon as I would see the LENOVO logo on screen. After a few times, it would enter a recovery mode with a repairing option, and safe mode etc.......
  10. BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: This is getting very old, BSOD without warning, critical process died message, and reboots after collecting error information. I don't know what to do to fix it. Started after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8. 25148