Windows 10: W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation.

Discus and support W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the 32 bit version of W10 on an old Acer laptop to get back up to speed with developments, and one of the first questions or issues that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation.

I installed the 32 bit version of W10 on an old Acer laptop to get back up to speed with developments, and one of the first questions or issues that cropped up is when using W10's disk image utility to make a system image. I deliberately wished to place the image on a separate partition on the single HDD in use and W10 lists the partition as available but understandably doesn't recommend it because its on the same HDD as the OS. That said it still offers the location for use and allows the creation of the backup. All goes well until the last percentage point on the progress bar when it reports the following error saying the shadow copy is on another volume. If I check the actual location where I wanted the backup to be made (the partition on the main HDD) I find it is there, however, exiting and restarting the Disk Image utility then brings a message that no backups have been found. The backup file that is viewable in explorer is of the expected size (the free space is down by the expected amount) and so it appears to be 'real' but W10 can't see it.

Making a backup to plugged in USB drive has no such problem and is error free .

W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation. [​IMG]

:)

Mooly, Jun 13, 2015

2. Using SIM (System Image Manager) from ADK 10.0.10240.16384 and mounting INSTALL.WIM error

I used the MS Media Creation Tool to download my copy of W10. I downloaded an ISO. I've used this ISO to install W10.

I then mounted the above ISO and extracted SOURCES\INSTALL.WIM to a folder on my hard disk.

I then downloaded the MS ADK - version 10.0.10240.16384 and installed it. It supposedly is the latest.

I ran SIM (System Image Manager) to create an automation file for use with SYSPREP, and attempted to load the above extracted INSTALL.WIM that was provided by MS. I get an error "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

When will this bug be fixed. Currently W10 cannot be SYSPREP'd as automation XML files can't be created using MS supplied utilities.

Is there a patch for the ADK/SIM? Any time lines for fixing this

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Jun 13, 2015
  3. System Image too large / high disk utilization

Running W10 on an i7 Alienware. System image taking up taking up 525+Gb which after actual working files leaves only about 45Gb free on drive. Change System Image Settings button is greyed out even though I'm logged on as administrator. Disk cleanup
    says it could recover another 10Gb but just hangs. Task Manager performance almost always shows disk being used 96-100% of the time. Neither full McAfee or any of the freebie malware I tried finds any virus. Any solution to this high disk utilization and
    System image taking up around 70% of the hard disc?

Alan Win10, Jun 13, 2015
Thema:

W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation.

1. W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation. - Similar Threads - W10 Disk Image

2. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  3. Creation of System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creation of System Image: Various sources on the Internet explain that a system image can be created by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.I need to create an .ISO file containing the system and all the programs and...
  4. Creation of System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creation of System Image: Various sources on the Internet explain that a system image can be created by going to Control Panel > System and Security > File History System Image Backup > Create a system image > On a hard disk.I need to create an .ISO file containing the system and all the programs and...
  5. Creation of System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creation of System Image: In Windows 10, I have tried to create a system image on an external drive by going to Control Panel > Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Create a system image > On a hard disk > Next > Start backup. The system occupies 58 gigabytes. The external drive has 543 free gigabytes of...
  6. System Image creation fails with error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image creation fails with error: Hello. I recently bought an external 2TB hard disk for storage and backup purposes. I started a system image creation using the default utility in case something goes wrong, however it failed with the error 0x80780119, claiming that I don't have enough space on the backup...
  7. Bad Image Report.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad Image Report.: Hi everyone, I recently (as in about one month ago) started receiving a Bad Image pop-up everytime I tried to open any program (League of Legends, Discord, ect.) This happened suddenly, as the night before everything was working smoothly. At first I tried uninstalling these...
  8. Windows Image creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Image creation: I recently bought an ssd, and I chose the method of putting windows on an external drive for the time being When installing the image onto the drive, that had files on it, I was unaware it did this... Is there any way to recover those files that were deleted in the image...
  9. BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?: Can I use a Windows 10 Pro device to create a BitLocker enabled disk image and mount it with the password on a Windows 10 Home PC? I know W10 Home can’t create BitLocker drives but can it mount and edit/add to them? submitted by /u/voidstructure [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Image Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Creation: Hello Boys and Girls I would really like to know what is wrong with the built in windows 10 back up image software. I have tested this windows software without problems, it does what it says on the tin. So why does everyone on this forum suggest to use the same free...