Windows 10: W10 doesnt activate after HD changing

Discus and support W10 doesnt activate after HD changing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been under w10 for 2 years on my laptop, I changed the HD to SSD and cannnot activate since then. I bought the computer with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bergioui, Dec 13, 2018.

1. bergioui Win User

W10 doesnt activate after HD changing

I have been under w10 for 2 years on my laptop, I changed the HD to SSD and cannnot activate since then. I bought the computer with windows 10 preinstalled and I reinstalled it in a hurry 1 year ago. How can I activate ?

:)

bergioui, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 13, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

For the record, I just tried to copy and paste the .old file to an external HD. It was going OK, then it got hung up on "permissions".
    I went to properties and clicked the box to unhide hidden files and tried to change master permissions.
    W10 did not like what I was doing mid save.
    In the end after applying changes, the .old folder was moved to the external and is now no longer listed on the C drive.

I don't know if it is even a viable folder anymore. The transaction was only supposed to copy the file, not remove it.

The rollback feature "button" is still present. I have not rebooted yet.

jsfitz54, Dec 13, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 doesnt activate after HD changing - Similar Threads - W10 doesnt activate

2. Activation of Windows10; after HD Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows10; after HD Change: I have an 8 yr old Dell Laptop that was using Windows 10 when I received it. The hard drive went out in it and I have one arriving in about a week. I went through the Dell website to identify the specifications on the laptop as well the HD. It was originally installed with...
  3. Activation of Windows10; after HD Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows10; after HD Change: I have an 8 yr old Dell Laptop that was using Windows 10 when I received it. The hard drive went out in it and I have one arriving in about a week. I went through the Dell website to identify the specifications on the laptop as well the HD. It was originally installed with...
  4. Activation of Windows10; after HD Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help: Hi,Anyone give me any pointers please.I basically upgraded everything except my hard drives. Just in case of issues as I have upgraded before.. I used a command-line thingy to ensure I was using a retail copy of windows 10 I knew I was but just to check!, and then went into...
  6. Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help: Hi,Anyone give me any pointers please.I basically upgraded everything except my hard drives. Just in case of issues as I have upgraded before.. I used a command-line thingy to ensure I was using a retail copy of windows 10 I knew I was but just to check!, and then went into...
  7. troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?): Dear all, thanks in advance to anyone who will help. I recently had to change MOBO due to stupid me pouring tea on top of my desktop. I brought it to a computer shop who seems to have been very transparent and competent. The computer had everything installed already, but I...
  8. Windows 10 activation after changing hardware doesnt work

Windows 10 activation after changing hardware doesnt work: Hi I changed my windows hardware by using my activated windows 10 hard drive and inserting it into my new pc. I used troubleshooter to select "changed hardware". This didn't work and it says I don't have an email connected to my account. so I have a digital liscnece and it...
  9. Cannot Activate W10 after hardware change.

Cannot Activate W10 after hardware change.: Hi all! So you can understand the whole thing: I bought Win8 years ago, I had a product key, then upgraded it later to Win10. I had a hard time once back in that time, when I reinstalled it on a new HD, about how my Windows was activated; a person from MS support assured me...
  10. Windows doesnt activate after mobo + cpu change.

Windows doesnt activate after mobo + cpu change.: Hey, I today swapped from my AMD 8370 to an Intel Xeon 1231v3 and now when I'm trying to activate windows I get error with code: 0x8007232B. Do I need to reinstall windows or buy a new key what to activate with? 40254

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 activation after changing hd