Windows 10: W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

Discus and support W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by webbrewers, Oct 13, 2021.

1. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And by the way, the onboard troubleshooting no longer works and points you to an irrelevant page in the Msft store.

:)

webbrewers, Oct 13, 2021

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... [​IMG]

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 13, 2021
  4. AhriChan Win User

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

1. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output...... - Similar Threads - W10 doesn't recognize

2. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  3. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  4. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  6. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  7. Headphone recognized as speakers

Headphone recognized as speakers: I recently bought the Eksa 900 pro headset, and, because I want the lights on the headset to be used, I use the usb connection mode. Here comes the problem: when I connect my headset do the computer, who doesn't have either realtek HD audio manager nor realtek audio console,...
  8. Speaker and headphone output device recognized as the same?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker and headphone output device recognized as the same?: Hi, I'm not sure how to explain this problem. Basically, the headphones are working fine, the microphone attached to the headphone works fine, but the volume for both speaker and headphones are the same. What's more, when I check the audio devices, only the speaker appears......
  9. Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers: Hello, Recently I plug in Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor and my speakers and headphones doesn't work anymore. Windows recognize monitor as only audio device and thats all I can select in right bottom sound option, even thoe monitor doesnt have speakers. I tried:...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924