Windows 10: W10 Download app still sees old graphics card.

Discus and support W10 Download app still sees old graphics card. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought a reconditioned Desktop, (Hewlett Packard xw6400 workstation). It came with pre-installed Windows 7 premium and a Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Slaphead, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Slaphead Win User

W10 Download app still sees old graphics card.

Hello.
    I recently bought a reconditioned Desktop, (Hewlett Packard xw6400 workstation). It came with pre-installed Windows 7 premium and a Nvidia Quadro NVS 440 graphics card.
    Once I had downloaded and installed all the available updates, I had the W10 icon in the taskbar. Fine!
    But when I tried to install W10, a message told me that my version of Windows 7 was incompatible. I upgraded to Windows 7 professional and tried again. This time I was told that my graphics card was incompatible, so I changed it to a Nvidia GeForce GT610.
    Following this I uninstalled the Windows 10 icon (KB3035583) completely from my machine. The following day the icon had re-appeared on my taskbar. When I tried again to download W10, I was again told my graphics card was incompatible, but although I had changed and discarded completely the offending graphic's card the W10 app was still seeing the Nvidia Quadro NVS 440 and not the GeForce GT610 which is now installed.
    I have tried to download W10 many times since but always get same outcome as it still seems to see the old graphics card.
    Can anyone advise me please?
    Many Thanks

:)

Slaphead, Sep 8, 2015
  2. PaulC_75 Win User

Replaced video card but Win 10 app still sees old card

Sorry for late reply. Searching on line, I found that the Win 10 icon was the result of a windows up date. I searched for 3035583 and 2976978 updates and uninstalled them. I then updated the computer and re downloaded them. Overnight they did their
    magic and I once again had the icon. When I clicked on it this time, it said the computer was ready to upgrade to Win 10. Went ahead with it and had a good install. Hope this helps

PaulC_75, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Replaced video card but Win 10 app still sees old card

Hello Paul,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to assist you further from here.

I would suggest you to follow the below recommended methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

a. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

b. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

c Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

d. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Additionally, you can also run the Fixit from the below link for
    Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows.

Ref: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 2

If the above recommendation did not help to resolve the issue, kindly place the computer in a clean boot state and see if you encounter with the error message. please follow the below steps.

1. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot.
    Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may
    also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a
    clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

2. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20119.how-to-enable-or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

Note: links relevant to Windows 8.1 also applies to Windows 10

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Give this a try. Windows 10

Bazz, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Slaphead Win User
    Bazz.
    Many Thanks for your advice and link.
    I now have W10 and its running like a train.
    Thank You

Slaphead, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Your welcome.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Download app still sees old graphics card. - Similar Threads - W10 Download app

2. Update newest drivers for old graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update newest drivers for old graphics card: Hi, i was just wondering if there's a way, to update new drivers for my old graphic card. I'm currently using an old AMD Radeon HD 6900, and i can't find any new drivers online, i looked everywhere. I installed the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center version, which is from...
  3. w10 update downloading old graphics driver than what is already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 update downloading old graphics driver than what is already installed: w10-64bit Windows update is downloading older intel graphics driver than what is already installed I had already downloaded and installed vga driver from intel site and have version 8476 already installed and working well. Today, Windows update prompts me to download...
  4. W10 wants his graphic card !!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 wants his graphic card !!: Hi ! I have a strange problem (in fact the opposite of most cases on the forums!): If I remove the graphics card and connect the monitor to the graphics output of the MB, w10 refuses to boot, it will puts on "automatic repair", turns off and it starts again. I first thought...
  5. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  6. old graphics card not working with windows 10

old graphics card not working with windows 10: i have a pc with nvidia quadro fx 1500 graphics card....after installing windows 10 on my system the device manager is not showing any graphics card installed.And a i'm also unable to find any driver for this graphics card with windows 10 64 bit compatibility.....what should...
  7. Old graphics card, new driver

Old graphics card, new driver: Before,I was using nvidia quadro 600 and I am trying to upgrade to nvidia gts 450 i have tried restarting multiple times, reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work the following error comes up: Page unpaged area It also tells me to tell the microsoft support this :...
  8. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it: My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the...
  9. Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?: I work in a mortgage office and the boss would like to have three monitors for certain people to improve productivity. Anyway I did some research and found that a number of people were surprised that cards they had did not work with Windows 10. Anyone know of lower end...
  10. Old Graphics card too hot?

Old Graphics card too hot?: I have an old 512Mb Nvidia Geforce 8600GT running at 50 degrees C, pages are slow to load on internet with 60-85Mb broadband speed, is 50 C too hot? Your thoughts as always most appreciated. 74042