Windows 10: W10 Duel Boot problem

Discus and support W10 Duel Boot problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Model 9020 Small Form computer that I am working on for a friend. First I have been Duel Booting Windows & Ubuntu for years on different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvman80, Feb 9, 2021.

1. wvman80 Win User

W10 Duel Boot problem

I have a Dell Model 9020 Small Form computer that I am working on for a friend.

First I have been Duel Booting Windows & Ubuntu for years on different computers and have never run into this problem.

The Dell 9020 has W10 Pro on it & it opens fine. When I install Ubuntu 20.04 on the HD I start having a problem with W10.
    The first time I open the Duel Boot W10 will open as it should & so does Ubuntu. The next time I open w10 it takes several seconds to open. After that every time I try to open W10 it shows a blank screen & takes longer & longer to open, until it won't open at all. Ubuntu opens every time as it should.

I have tried clean installs of both OS's on several HD's with the same results.

Thanks for any ideas as to what I should do.

:)

wvman80, Feb 9, 2021
  2. badrobot Win User

Installing W10 on a SSD drive (duel boot with W7)

You can but make sure to have an image backup of your 7 (or at least know where to find your recovery media for 7 just in case) and your important data. Play it safe.
    If you know nothing about restoring back ot fixing boot issues, I suggest not to do it (or do it on virtual machines). But if you think you know enough, then have fun!

badrobot, Feb 9, 2021
  3. maxal Win User

Hi, just want to check can I duel boot W10 & W7 on a SSD drive.
    Thanks

maxal, Feb 9, 2021
  4. adamf Win User

W10 Duel Boot problem

They do tend to "duel" and fight for the boot programs. Check you can boot into both successfully to make sure as others have had issues dual booting with that. One OS or the other may try to take over...

adamf, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

W10 Duel Boot problem

1. W10 Duel Boot problem - Similar Threads - W10 Duel Boot

2. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  3. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  4. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  6. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  7. duel boot windows

8. Duel boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel boot problem: I have installed Ubuntu 20.04 along with Windows 10 pro. Unfortunately, after installing Ubuntu I am facing a wired problem. If I restart from Ubuntu and try to boot into Windows, it does not boot, all lights are on, the fan is on, but the screen goes black! Then I need to...
  9. Help with duel boot

Help with duel boot: I have a duel boot configured on my laptop. Windows 10 and Ubuntu. right now the Ubuntu Boot loader has taken charge and if I catch it in time It defaults to Ubuntu. so I have to actually log int Ubuntu then Log Out and restart and watch as it boots and catch it to select...
  10. Installing W10 on a SSD drive (duel boot with W7)

Installing W10 on a SSD drive (duel boot with W7): Hi, just want to check can I duel boot W10 & W7 on a SSD drive. Thanks 4938