Windows 10: W10 Edge sort-by-name won't stick

Discus and support W10 Edge sort-by-name won't stick in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I get the favorites sorted by name to stick. I come back to the PC and things are out of alphabetical order again? 63299 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by James Callan, Sep 10, 2016.

1. W10 Edge sort-by-name won't stick

How do I get the favorites sorted by name to stick. I come back to the PC and things are out of alphabetical order again?

:)

James Callan, Sep 10, 2016
  2. jomax77 Win User

Sort Contacts by first name & Sort Favorites????

Just got my Samsung i-760, how can I sort my contacts to list First-Last names instead or Last-First names? It makes dialing and searching for contacts very annoying.

Also how can I arrange boomarks in IE in any order I choose instead of just ABC order?

This is annoying too as there are a few important sites that I would like to have listed on top.

Thanks for the help.

jomax77, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Sort Contacts by first name & Sort Favorites????

See if the zip file in the link below helps: mcse.ms - Portail d'informations I don't know of anyway to sort Favorites.

Linley Meslier, Sep 10, 2016
Thema:

W10 Edge sort-by-name won't stick

1. W10 Edge sort-by-name won't stick - Similar Threads - W10 Edge sort

2. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  3. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  4. Inconsistency in Sort By Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inconsistency in Sort By Name: Hello, Currently, I'm using windows 10 build 1809 I'm really wonder about the sorting by name in explorer and CMD of windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I use dir command to list out all the file in the folder. You can see the same of the priority of files name in CMD and power...
  5. Any way to sort files with dates in the name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to sort files with dates in the name?: I have a folder of Georges Braque's works, all of them JPG images with their titles formatted "Title-Year of creation-Painting medium". I want to sort these paintings by their year, but the year is in the middle of the title, not the front. The dates are all four digit years...
  6. Help sorting user account name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help sorting user account name?: Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is . I’m trying to determine what...
  7. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  8. Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Can favorites be sorted?: I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically? When a favorite is added it is added to the bottom of the list, and so on. I would like to sort them alphabetically if possible. Thanks for any tips,...
  9. How to sort folders of music by Album Name

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort folders of music by Album Name: Hello..i know how to sort individual tracks by album/artist or whatever but I'm trying to sort folders of albums in a main folder and for the heck of it can't figure out how to get it to do so. Just to clarify this is my setup that I'm talking about:...
  10. Is there anyway to sort folders and shortcuts by name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there anyway to sort folders and shortcuts by name?: Usually when I do this it will sort folders and shortcuts separately. Is there anyway to list them all alphabetically? 61706