Windows 10: W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?

Discus and support W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Belatedly trialing W10 and trying to tweak and customize it. I've made a lot of changes, including turning off Windows Defender via the registry and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tenterprise, Jul 3, 2019.

1. W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?

Belatedly trialing W10 and trying to tweak and customize it.
    I've made a lot of changes, including turning off Windows Defender via the registry and GPEDIT, but I can't shut down the Security Center Service - the options are all greyed out.
    Is there a regfix for this?
    Thanks.

:)

tenterprise, Jul 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jul 3, 2019
  3. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service? Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service? :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?

1. W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service? - Similar Threads - W10 Enterprise disable

2. How to disable the Security Center from services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the Security Center from services?: Hello guys,I want to disable the Security Center from Services, but i cant, and I tried all the different methods that I found. Can someone help me with this?The service name is "wscsvc". It's important for me to disable it, because i don't want to interfere with my...
  3. How to disable the Security Center from services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the Security Center from services?: Hello guys,I want to disable the Security Center from Services, but i cant, and I tried all the different methods that I found. Can someone help me with this?The service name is "wscsvc". It's important for me to disable it, because i don't want to interfere with my...
  4. How to disable security center service wscsvc permanently

How to disable security center service wscsvc permanently: Hello,I have disabled all windows defender and antivirus but i want to stop the security center service too. I tried to modify the registry Start of this service but i have no access.Can anyone help me?Many thanks in advance!...
  5. How to disable security center service wscsvc permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable security center service wscsvc permanently: Hello,I have disabled all windows defender and antivirus but i want to stop the security center service too. I tried to modify the registry Start of this service but i have no access.Can anyone help me?Many thanks in advance!...
  6. in services, security center disable in windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in services, security center disable in windows 11 pro: Security center icon disappear from taskbar, I tried to restart security services through services.msc. But it shows running and diabled. I cannot refresh it or start or stop it. Kindly guide me how to restore this service and security center icon back in taskbar?...
  7. in services, security center disable in windows 11 pro

in services, security center disable in windows 11 pro: Security center icon disappear from taskbar, I tried to restart security services through services.msc. But it shows running and diabled. I cannot refresh it or start or stop it. Kindly guide me how to restore this service and security center icon back in taskbar?...
  8. Security Center Service is not showing in Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Center Service is not showing in Services: Window security center service can't be started. I have tried all the solutions with registry editor and SFC but nothing resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center-service-is-not-showing-in-services/8c87bcbd-5890-4fcd-820a-4a26da06419a
  9. W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Enterprise - How to disable Security Center service?: Belatedly trialing W10 and trying to tweak and customize it. I've made a lot of changes, including turning off Windows Defender via the registry and GPEDIT, but I can't shut down the Security Center Service - the options are all greyed out. Is there a regfix for this? Thanks....
  10. Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup: I hate this pop up so much. Every time I reinstall Windows 10, it plagues me. What can I do to disable it? [img] 106882