Windows 10: W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart

Discus and support W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, this is my first time posting here. Today I encountered an issue with my Ethernet on my Windows 10 Desktop after restarting my router,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaddyMulk, Jul 12, 2016.

1. DaddyMulk Win User

W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart

Hello all, this is my first time posting here. Today I encountered an issue with my Ethernet on my Windows 10 Desktop after restarting my router, losing access to the internet, and I can't seem to figure out what went wrong at all.

I recently restarted my router since my internet was hiccuping the past couple days and would disconnect for a couple minutes at a time. I did the same thing a few days ago, and the first time I restarted my router, no issues occurred on my desktop. It naturally reconnected after a few minutes once the router came back online. Today I did the same thing and restarted my router; however this time, I tried Troubleshooting on my desktop to try and reconnect faster. I have a Macbook that I also use, and I saw it reconnected first, so I thought my Desktop needed an extra boost and I started the Troubleshooting process. During the process, I saw it said it disabled the Ethernet and reenabled it. Once the process was complete, it showed it couldn't find any problems, but my internet was still disconnected.

Now my Ethernet is shown as an Unidentified Network with no internet access, on a Public Network. I've tried disabling and reenabling my Ethernet, restarting the router once more, and rebooting my PC, all to no avail. Whenever I troubleshoot it, it says no issues could be found.

My laptop and the other computers in the household are connecting just fine. It seems like my PC lost the credentials to connect to the network automatically during the router's restart, and now is stuck in limbo. At least, that's my guess. The ethernet shows there's no network access on IPv4 or IPv6 connectivity, and when going to Ethernet Properties, it shows my IPv6 DNS Servers as: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, and fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1. The manufacturer is Realtek.

I really don't see how it's a hardware or software issue, as it was working completely normally before I did the router restart. As I said, the one thing I did different was initiate Network Troubleshooting while the router was still starting up, which I thing caused the desktop's connection flub out. Regardless, I'm at a loss on what to do. Any help would be appreciated, and please forgive me if I didn't provide enough details here my first time. I'll do my best to provide any needed info if necessary.

:)

DaddyMulk, Jul 12, 2016

2. No Network Access on Ethernet after recent Anniversary Update

My Wifi works fine, but when I connect an Ethernet cable and try to run internet connection through it, the Ethernet says "Unidentified Network/ No Network Access". This only became an issue after the Anniversary Update. How do I get Internet access for
    Ethernet back?

JohnSpencer_678, Jul 12, 2016
  3. mck5 Win User
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

The other day my Ethernet stopped working randomly. It all of a sudden said "Unidentified Network, No Internet". So I ran a diagnosis on the Ethernet and it says the problem is "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I searched this problem online
    and tried many of the "solutions", but none have worked. I even went as far as getting a brand new Ethernet cable and a new router, hoping this would fix the problem, but it did not. I have been trying to solve this problem for days now, please help.

4. DaddyMulk Win User

Okay...so now all of a sudden it's fixed. I just went and jiggled one of the ethernet cables plugging into the router since it seemed one of the lights was dimmed, and apparently that was what was wrong, since moments later I come back to see the computer connected.

All that troubleshooting and worrying and that was the issue...I feel so stupid. Well I guess I'll mark this as solved.

DaddyMulk, Jul 12, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Don't feel too stupid, electrical connections heat and cool and can loosen or get a bit of corrosion on them. Also of note is the plug on the end of the cable, if not completely crimped the sheath will work away from the clamping area which in turn can cause the wires to loosen the connection with the contacts in the plug.

Berton, Jul 12, 2016
  6. DaddyMulk Win User
    Yup, apparently my cable has a loose clamp on the end that connects to the router. What threw me off was I had checked all the wires when I restarted the router during my troubleshooting. Apparently not well enough, though. Plus the indication light on the router's front doesn't dim to a complete black, just a dimmer red, so I didn't notice at first. I had to push the cable in harder the second time; so long as the router doesn't move its fine, but if we ever go to restart it the cable might get loose if it moves too much.

Guess I'll have to keep that in mind now. Thank you for the insight.

DaddyMulk, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, have a good evening.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart - Similar Threads - W10 Ethernet Unidentified

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  4. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unidentified network on ethernet

Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  6. Ethernet "unidentified network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet "unidentified network": Whenever I try to plug an ethernet cable into my pc, it always says it's an unidentified network. I've already tried restarting my router. Network troubleshooter doesn't help either. I'm not sure what to do from here....
  7. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  8. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  9. Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?: As the Title suggests I am having issues with my ethernet connection. My ethernet will randomly disconnect itself from the internet. When I unplug the ethernet and plug it back in it tells me that the network is unidentified and there's no internet. Sometimes when I plug it...
  10. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....