Windows 10: W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open

Discus and support W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I brought new laptop. Recently, clicking on a file in file explorer has resulted in rotating blue circle and nothing else. It appears that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bb-66, Nov 25, 2018.

1. bb-66 Win User

W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open

Hi,

I brought new laptop.

Recently, clicking on a file in file explorer has resulted in rotating blue circle and nothing else. It appears that the explorer has gone into an infinite loop. The files can still be opened by the associated application (e.g., Word, File > Open dialog). File explorer, itself doesn't work - Start file explorer and it shows Not Responding in the title bar - Quick Access as the highlighted folder and the panel that ordinarily shows the files shows "working on it" forever.

For example: I have saved a few word documents which saved in a file folder on desktop. When I click the folder and folder open ok, but documents in side file folder would not open /not able to do right click. All my file folders in desktop do the same thing.

Have downloaded and run the MS utility that checks for OS corruption and no issues, done every other thing I can find that seems remotely applicable and no joy.

Please help

bb

:)

bb-66, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Brimar22 Win User

Deleted (or Renamed) files remain in file explorer view

When I delete a file in File Explorer (right click - delete) the file remains in view. If I click on it it says they can't find the file, "Was it moved renamed or deleted"? I must close file explorer and re-open it to update it. The same thing happens
    if a file is renamed, the old name stays in view and the file is not accessible using the old name.

It used to be that explorer updated these file changes immediately and I could stay working in file explorer without having to close and update. Is there a setting for this that I can change so the File Explorer updates immediately?

Brimar22, Nov 25, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open - Similar Threads - W10 File Explorer

2. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  3. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  4. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. double click to rename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double click to rename: I used to be able to double click a file to rename it. After installing Windows 11, File explorer will not let me do that. Can I get this feature back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-to-rename/643a40ea-7871-4378-921d-4f07963a8677
  6. double click to rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double click to rename: I used to be able to double click a file to rename it. After installing Windows 11, File explorer will not let me do that. Can I get this feature back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-to-rename/643a40ea-7871-4378-921d-4f07963a8677
  7. Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word

Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word: When renaming a file in Windows Explorer, the double click selects a "word". The problem I'm having is the "Double Click + Drag". This not only selects the File Name, but also the File Extension. It is very clunky and bothersome, because I almost never want to change the File...
  8. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  9. Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.: I am using window10 64bits system. I want to open .png files with default app "Photos". When I double click the file, It always pops up the window " How do you want to open this file?" Then I click the "photos" but the window keeps pop up. So I can't open the file with...
  10. double clicking on a file in file explorer

double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to rename file w double click

2. w10 double click no open folder

3. delete file from W10 file explorer