Windows 10: W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem

Discus and support W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I have W10 PC and 4k display. It natively supports 1440p/120Hz freesync. If i change resolution to 1440p, desktop changes to 1440p and upscaling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by josrydl, May 31, 2019.

1. josrydl Win User

W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem

Hello
    I have W10 PC and 4k display. It natively supports 1440p/120Hz freesync.
    If i change resolution to 1440p, desktop changes to 1440p and upscaling to 4k/60Hz
    Then i manually change refresh rate to 120Hz and its fine... This is working for desktop and borderless games. Games without borderless or refreshrate option are stuck at 60Hz with upscaling. If i run it windowed and modifiy borders FreeSync doesnt work. Display doesnt even support 1440p/60hz.

Any fix for this ? Anyway to make 120hz preffered or only res for 1440p ?

Thanks very much.

W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem [​IMG]

:)

josrydl, May 31, 2019

2. fullscreen games on w10

anyone please tell me how to run games in fullscreen mode on windows10 bulid 14971 PC I can't play in fullscreen mode W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem :(

nuzula firdaus, May 31, 2019
  3. Emerson Win User
    Screen duplication makes it impossible to select native resolution in fullscreen games

I have a 1440p monitor connected via Displayport and a 1080p monitor connected via HDMI to a Nvidia GPU.

When I duplicate the 1440p screen to the 1080p screen I am unable to select resolutions higher than 1080p in fullscreen games. (Windowed games and other programs still display in 1440p)

I tried creating a virtual resolution of 1440p for the 1080p screen and I verified that the resolution is actually in the registry, but that didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas?

Emerson, May 31, 2019
  4. AxelDeák Win User

Can't choose 120hz

Hey I have a 144hz screen monitor and a HDMI cable that should be able to transfer 120hz correct but i can still not choose in the alternatives "120hz"

AxelDeák, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 Fullscreen Gaming at 1440p/120Hz problem - Similar Threads - W10 Fullscreen Gaming

2. Fullscreen problem in Windows 10 while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen problem in Windows 10 while playing games: I am trying my best to explain, what is my problem. After a several months, i'm having a trouble in games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO, F1 2015 etc.). After launching the game, the FPS drops down and the screen starts flashing and flickering. Some games worked while i...
  3. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue. I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen...
  4. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue. I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen...
  5. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  6. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...
  7. Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games: Hi, just wondering if anyone had or have the same issue playing assassin's creed origin or any other Ubisoft games, here is the problem blackscreen game/intro/hard reset (no audio) ... blackscreen minimized/closed/(audio) hard reset only happens in fullscreen so i brought...
  8. Screensaver overrides fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver overrides fullscreen games: My screensaver (a custom one) has a tendency to override some, but probably not all, fullscreen games if I don't use the keyboard or mouse for long enough, for example if I'm watching a cutscene or using some non-mouse, non-keyboard controllers (gamepads, smartphones etc.)...
  9. edge and fullscreen youtube problem

in Browsers and Email
    edge and fullscreen youtube problem: When i see a YouTube film on full screen and afterwards press esc than there is a problem. By taskbar is on top of the screen. And after pressing esc button the tabs are behind the taskbar why ? 40290
  10. 1440P or 4K

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1440P or 4K: I use a full hd 27 inch monitor but I fancy something a little sharper. Is 4K worth it for office and web browsing or would the 1440P be more suitable? I would be limited to 27-28 size. An IPS panel or equivalent would help the sharpness. 44074