Windows 10: W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?

Discus and support W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've set my windows game recording to record in the background- specifically the last 10 minutes - and when the "record last 30 seconds is clicked", it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Forumpy, Jan 23, 2021.

1. W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?

I've set my windows game recording to record in the background- specifically the last 10 minutes - and when the "record last 30 seconds is clicked", it only records the last 2 minutes 30 seconds roughly.

There is no error message or anything. Why is this happening? Why won't it record the full 10 minutes as configured?

submitted by /u/Forumpy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Forumpy, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jan 23, 2021
  3. GamerWiz Win User
    Game DVR Records only for 1 or 2 minutes

Old title: Game bar not working

Whenever I start recording with the game bar, it records for about 1 or 2 minutes and then says it cannot record right now and I have to try again later. Please help!

GamerWiz, Jan 23, 2021
  4. W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?

How can I turn background recording on for games in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 includes a built-in tool for recording videos of PC
    games. You can do this with the “Game Bar,” which is part of the “Game DVR” feature offered by the Xbox app. Windows 10 also includes customizable keyboard shortcuts for recording videos and
    capturing screenshots.

Follow the below steps for the same,

1. Open the Game Bar

To open the Game Bar while playing a game, press Windows Key + G. It will pop up above the game you’re playing.
    You may need to be playing the PC game in windowed mode to see the game bar, so try setting your game to windowed mode if you don’t see it.

The Game bar includes icons for quickly opening the Xbox app, controlling background recording, taking a screenshot, recording a gameplay video, and accessing settings.

2. Record a Gameplay Video

To record a video, open the Game Bar with Windows Key + G and then click the red record button. A timer will appear at the top-right corner of your game window while it’s recording.

To stop recording the window, bring up the Game Bar again and click the red stop button.

3. Configure Game DVR Settings

The Game Bar and Game DVR settings are controlled from within the Xbox app. Open the Xbox app, click the Settings icon, and then select Game DVR to customize them.

You can disable the Game DVR entirely from here, or set different keyboard shortcuts for opening the game bar, recording videos, taking screenshots, toggling the timer, and using the “Record that” feature.

4. Use Background Recording

The
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4 automatically record your gameplay in the background
    , allowing you to instantly save interesting gameplay clips after they happen.

Game DVR on Windows 10 can function similarly. To use this feature, you’ll need to enable the “Record in the background while I’m playing a game” option under Game DVR Settings in the Xbox app. As the Xbox app tells you, “this may
    affect game performance.” System resources will be constantly used for recording while playing games with this setting enabled, so you’ll want to leave it enabled unless you really want to record gameplay or you have a very powerful PC with extra resources to
    spare.

By default, it will always record and keep the last 30 seconds. To save the last 30 seconds, you can open the Game Bar and click the second icon from the left, or press Windows + Alt + G. This is the “Record that” feature, which
    will automatically save the last recorded bit of gameplay. It works similarly to the equivalent feature on Xbox One.

Also refer the below article on
    Record game clips and screenshots,

Xbox Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5?

1. W10 game settings: Background recording set to 10 minutes - only records 2.5? - Similar Threads - W10 game settings

2. Why is the Recforth Screen Recording Software ONLY recording for 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Recforth Screen Recording Software ONLY recording for 1 minute?: HiI am a long time, free user of Recforth from the Microsoft Store which I have used to record the things I do on my Windows 10 Desktop PC for many months. Today was the first time I've used Recforth in a while but I am noticing that when I hit 'record' that it only records...
  3. Why is the Recforth Screen Recording Software ONLY recording for 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Recforth Screen Recording Software ONLY recording for 1 minute?: HiI am a long time, free user of Recforth from the Microsoft Store which I have used to record the things I do on my Windows 10 Desktop PC for many months. Today was the first time I've used Recforth in a while but I am noticing that when I hit 'record' that it only records...
  4. Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone: I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I use the windows game bar for background recording for 30-second clips but the thing never records my microphone. My microphone is enabled in sound settings, the game bar is allowed to access my microphone in the windows...
  5. Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone

Windows Game Bar Background Recording Does Not Record Microphone: I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I use the windows game bar for background recording for 30-second clips but the thing never records my microphone. My microphone is enabled in sound settings, the game bar is allowed to access my microphone in the windows...
  6. Background recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background recording: so I have windows 10 home with my specs being: AMD phenom ll x4 965, nvidia gtx 470, 24gigs of ram. Have all the latest updates windows, nvidia all the drivers, but it still says I cant use background recording I thought it was just the hardware and I’m still going to...
  7. Windows recording settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows recording settings: Hi, for some reason, when I open the recording devices, within the sound settings I opened through control panel, it just freezes. And I cannot even close it with task manager, anyone any thoughts. my windows is up to date. submitted by /u/6marnia9 [link] [comments]...
  8. Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes

Game Bar's "Record That" feature doesn't record the entire 10 minutes: I use Record That on Game Bar quite a bit, and I have it set to record the last 10 minutes. This used to work fine, but lately it seems to have trouble hitting the 10 minute mark reliably. Sometimes it does, but often it stops at anywhere from 6-9 minutes. It's especially...
  9. Recording settings for Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recording settings for Windows?: Hello I have a problem, when I press on the Windows Sound button then I press Record then I have no sound, but when I leave I have sound again, does anyone know why? Aufnahme einstellungen bei Windows?
  10. Game DVR background recording with SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR background recording with SSD: How exactly is background recording storing the video before I save it? Does it hold in the RAM and then save it over to the SSD or is it constantly writing on my SSD? The SSD is my main drive (windows and programs are installed on it) but I also have a secondary drive. It's...