Windows 10: W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program

Discus and support W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Folks: My Dell Inspiron 5537 Laptop HD has failed. I've run all the applicable systems tests to no avail. I'm looking for a W10 Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Danl_807, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Danl_807 Win User

W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program

Hello, Folks:

My Dell Inspiron 5537 Laptop HD has failed. I've run all the applicable systems tests to no avail.

I'm looking for a W10 Data Recovery Application (totally free, not just 2gb of download capability before having to purchase) which is Bootable and which I can offload via USB to a large capacity backup drive to save the files which are retrievable..

I've looked at several on the web..... most are not bootable via USB to load into memory. Would like to run the program via DVD but a USB would be OK. Would like to retrieve the data before attempting the "Freeze" method of putting the HD in the freezer to attempt to loosen up the HD.... IF possible!!

Any Suggestions???

Thanks

Dan

:)

Danl_807, Aug 26, 2019
  2. FE_975 Win User

W10 home - Move program files securely from SSD to HD

I have a new W10 PC, it has a 120GB SSD and a 2TB HD. I wish to create a secure Program Files and Program Files (x86) on the HD, such that any future programs can be installed to it. BUT, I want them to be secure, such that a standard user can see and execute them
    but cannot delete or alter them.

If I install a program like firefox ( example ) to the HD, I can get it to install there but any user on my system seems to be able to also write to the folders and even delete them. Not perfect. If I install it to the default SSD then it is secure.

Question:

Is there any easy way to make all future Programs install to the HD, even if I have to manually tell it to do so each time, in a secure way?

Thanks

PS, See this post for original question -
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-new-pc-move-user-accounts-from-ssd-to/23b66112-4e3c-4def-97f6-d026333539cc
    Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

FE_975, Aug 26, 2019
  3. W10 recovery

1. Created W10 recovery drive including system files. (USB)

2. Able to initiate boot from this drive.

3. Will I be able to recover system to a new hard disk after disk failure OR installing SSD to replace standard disk? (or do I have to buy Acronis 16 to do this).

(Lenovo T400 with recent upgrade from W7 to W10.)

saundersPR, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Best hard drive recovery data program?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know from you all what would be the best recovery program to use to get files off a dying hard drive? The files arnt lost, or deleted etc, its just that the HDD is in poor shape and windows cant access the drive fully, it can see the drive but no access it, so i was wondering what's a good program that can just list all the files on the drive so i can back them up?

Im current using "Recover my files" but it only seems to get file's that have been deleted, not helpful, im also going to try Norton Ghost, that might work?

Thanks in advance *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program - Similar Threads - W10 Failure Need

2. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  3. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  4. Possible HD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible HD failure: I installed a new 1 GB SSD in an HP laptop ;ess than three months ago. A couple of times recently Windows 11 has crashed with a BSOD, and when I restarted the laptop would not boot up, giving me a boot device not found error message, and refused to boot. Several attempts...
  5. W10 File History Recovery - Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File History Recovery - Help: Hello Microsoft World,I've had a catastrophic failure of my W10 operating system. Had to re-install it, wiping my entire drive. Thank goodness I had an external back up with File History ! I started the File History recovery process 330k+ files of docs, pics, etc. It went on...
  6. Need FREE LOCAL pdf password recovery

Need FREE LOCAL pdf password recovery: Hello ALL: We run Windows 10 pro but not sure that matters. I have searched and not found anything that works. My wife created a PDF that she password protected. No problem but she can not remember the password. Because of the contents she did not put it in het favorite...
  7. HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads: My Dell Inspiron Laptop 5537 has stopped loading W10. Have done the BIOS thing and have tried all sorts of boot scenarios to no avail. I need a Bootable W10 file (ISO?) to boot up the laptop from a USB or DVD to see what I can repair and/or retrieve. I'm using an XP pc...
  8. Program Files Directory W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Files Directory W10: Hello The C Dr. on my one year old Dell laptop is too full to download new programs. The laptop is only used for my work as a musician but the programs I do use are quite large. I followed instructions from another thread in this forum to change the program files...
  9. Need free program to create hierarchies of program types

Need free program to create hierarchies of program types: I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories - then type the names of programs in some other blocks. Then, I'd like to move the blocks around with my cursor and place the programs under the proper categories. I'd probably be changing categories...
  10. 400GB Seagate HD failure and how to retain free Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    400GB Seagate HD failure and how to retain free Win 10: After nearly a year of squeeling the HD finally gave up in most respects. No surprise. It boots, but won't recognize a mouse correctly or most keyboard actions, so I can't type or make selections of icons, etc. so am stuck as far as fixing as concerned. Using the HP startup...