Windows 10: W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors

Discus and support W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So im using a TV with W10 in HDR, all the SDR content is too dark and if i use HDR brightness slider in w10 then the darks get boosted for no reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vyktrii, Dec 15, 2020.

1. W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors

So im using a TV with W10 in HDR, all the SDR content is too dark and if i use HDR brightness slider in w10 then the darks get boosted for no reason and there is too much visible gradient banding and artifacts in SDR content

Also The colors look way off when i adjust the HDR - SDR Brightness , the SDR content looks Grayish if i turn up the Brightness, I can use the Dynamic Contrast on my TV to help with Grayish colors a bit but that kills the shadow details

Is there any other way to make the SDR images brighter without these problems ?

submitted by /u/Vyktrii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vyktrii, Dec 15, 2020

2. Combo Box drop down list is dark gray on Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7

Hi,

As compared to Windows 7, In Windows 10 combo box drop down list and buttons are dark gray in color.

Can anyone please suggest how we can make to look same as Windows 7.

Regards,

Nikhil

Nikhil Lohade, Dec 15, 2020
  3. skum-cat Win User
    HDR mode and color profiles

Hello

I have a calibrated ICC profile for normal sRGB mode. When i switch to HDR mode, it still using the calibrated profile, and giving weird colors and white balance.

I have tried to add a Rec.2020 HDR profile to ICC-profile (Advance color) list in color management. But I can´t use it at standard colors in HDR mode. Nothing happens when i try to applied it.

So to be clear:

In normal mode I want to use calibrated icc profile for sRGB.

And in HDR mode, using the standard REC.2020 icc profile.

skum-cat, Dec 15, 2020
  4. W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors

Start menu color becomes dark and font color wont change in Windows 10

I just got my Upgrade yesterday and im quite happy with the performance.

As soon as I opened "start" i saw colors of tiles becoming dark step by step.. eventually becoming to blackish blue.. only the icon remains not changed.

It does go back to original colors if I open "start" after 1 min but they again turns into dark.

Other thing i noticed was the color of font. Its gray and remains gray no matter what color i choose for Start theme.

This is not only limited to tiles, if I open "all applications", on first open the color is okay but becomes dark again.

and with the gray color of font, it makes everything unreadable.

For example, if i choose color "#800000" for start, the tiles become color "#190000"..

So, I dont know if anyone else is also facing this issue or not but its quite annoying that you cant read and and ugly that color becomes dark like that..

AhmedAbdulRehman, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors

1. W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors - Similar Threads - W10 HDR Either

2. windows 11 hdr colors are washed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 hdr colors are washed out: so i have windows 11 and i have hdr turned on and i get really washed out colors btw hdr is enabled on the monitor and i dont know exactly like whats the problem as my monitor is 409 nits bright as hdr says so i cant tell what could be the problem...
  3. windows 11 hdr colors are washed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 hdr colors are washed out: so i have windows 11 and i have hdr turned on and i get really washed out colors btw hdr is enabled on the monitor and i dont know exactly like whats the problem as my monitor is 409 nits bright as hdr says so i cant tell what could be the problem...
  4. The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color: Can anyone please tell me what's happening to my laptop? If you know what's happening then can you tell me if I can fix and how I can fix it?...
  5. The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color: Can anyone please tell me what's happening to my laptop? If you know what's happening then can you tell me if I can fix and how I can fix it?...
  6. Out of nowhere HDR colors are washed out (for weeks it was fine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of nowhere HDR colors are washed out (for weeks it was fine): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Syriuzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jr0mr1/out_of_nowhere_hdr_colors_are_washed_out_for/
  7. Taskbar color setting grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  8. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...
  9. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...
  10. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10: I have a strange issue with HDR, My setup is: - BenQ EW3270U 31.5" 4K HDR - Nvidia 1080 Ti - Intel i7 8700k - Maximus X hero wifi - 32 GB Ram I can enable "HDR and WCG" from display settings no problem, I can also stream HDR 4k from youtube and play HDR 4k Games,...