Windows 10: W10 Hello "forgets" settings

Discus and support W10 Hello "forgets" settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to set up Windows Hello of any kind (such as Pincode, face id, fingerprint etc.) then this will work fine. For an hour or 2. After setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HandyGold75, Dec 29, 2020.

1. W10 Hello "forgets" settings

When I try to set up Windows Hello of any kind (such as Pincode, face id, fingerprint etc.) then this will work fine. For an hour or 2.

After setting up Windows Hello for example Pincode then I am enabled to lock and unlock my computer with the Pincode also when I reboot I am enabled to unlock my computer with this Pincode.

But after about 1 - 2 hours (while the computer is on) when I lock my computer I am unable to unlock my computer using the Pincode. After logging in with my MC password and go to the Windows Hello settings it seems like it forgot the setting because it prompts to set up the Pincode as if it was never set up.

I've tried the comment advise found on the internet for example editing registry, editing group policy, updating and because this computer is in a managed environment I've removed it from the managed domain (with gpupdate /force and /sync) without success.

Mostly on the internet, there seems to be the problem of not being enabled to set up Windows Hello but that is not the case here (I believe).

If possible I would rather not do a full reinstall of Windows 10 for personal reasons.

Did anyone else encounter this issue and does someone know how to fix this issue?

Information: HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Enterprise

Edit: added help flair

submitted by /u/HandyGold75
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HandyGold75, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 29, 2020
  4. W10 Hello "forgets" settings

Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

W10 Hello "forgets" settings

1. W10 Hello "forgets" settings - Similar Threads - W10 Hello forgets

2. Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Dears ,every time I try to setup pin and fingerprint , windows remove after an hour or so .is there a solution for that ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-windows-forgets-hello-settings-pin/06709d9f-9829-43c7-8257-5438243ce02f
  3. Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22h2 : Windows forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Dears ,every time I try to setup pin and fingerprint , windows remove after an hour or so .is there a solution for that ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-windows-forgets-hello-settings-pin/06709d9f-9829-43c7-8257-5438243ce02f
  4. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings: We have seen this come up a few times in the last month. We have several users making use Windows Hello with either PIN, fingerprint, for facial recognition. On some computer, the Windows Hello is being "forgotten" the user must re-enter the information, and it works for a...
  5. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings: We have seen this come up a few times in the last month. We have several users making use Windows Hello with either PIN, fingerprint, for facial recognition. On some computer, the Windows Hello is being "forgotten" the user must re-enter the information, and it works for a...
  6. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire...
  8. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire...
  9. W10 forgets about window positioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 forgets about window positioning: Windows 10 Pro 64bits 1909 18363.1316 (No, don't tell me to go 2003 because it messed up some drivers on a previous 1909 to 2003 upgrade, like Phone detection via USB among other things like half screen vertically blacked out when pressing Win+S) Let's say that if i open a...
  10. W10 Pro - Settings keep forgetting I have installed the voice packs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Pro - Settings keep forgetting I have installed the voice packs...: Hello. : I have a problem that the installed speech voice packs keep disappearing from Settings/Time & Language/Speech. I use Goldwave audio editor to make audio files using the voice packs, but every couple of days, they vanish from the settings page, and Goldwave can...