Windows 10: W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?

Discus and support W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 Home 1903. I've never had any issues installing programs before, but I can't get the Visual Studio Installer to work. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TherealHendrix, Jul 4, 2020.

1. W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?

I'm on Windows 10 Home 1903. I've never had any issues installing programs before, but I can't get the Visual Studio Installer to work. I've tried multiple versions like 2017 and 2019, but none of them work. I go to run the installer, I hit yes to allow changes, and then it runs the bootstrapper from my Temp folder then exits.

I've tried downloading the installer again, disabling windows firewall, running as administrator, fixing registry issues, and deleting the Visual Studio folder then restarting and running the installer again. Can't seem to get the installer to work.

What other troubleshooting steps can I take? I need Visual Studio for a school course and am really confused about why it won't install. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

submitted by /u/TherealHendrix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TherealHendrix, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Amol S. Win User

Visual Studio (.NET Framework)

Do you still have the Visual Studio Installer or Visual Studio Manager still installed?

If you have it still installed and it opens up correctly, you could try removing all additional packages that are installed, and try reinstalling them again. It could have been a corruption issue relating to package extensions that you may have installed
    into Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. If that does not work, go to apps in settings, and select Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition and select repair. If that does not work, you could try going to TechNet, and asking there for help. It could be a
    bug with the current version of the .NET Framework 48 or with the recent version of Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition.

If you can not find Visual Studio Installer or Visual Studio Manager, unfortunately in this situation the only thing I can think of is if you still have the installation file that you downloaded from the Visual Studio website. If you can't find that, then
    I suggest that you download Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition, since the 2017 Community edition is not given for free anymore unless you have some sort of subscription. However, I suggest that you still check with TechNet before taking this step.

Amol S., Jul 4, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    can't install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

Hi,

Since you've already used the suggested full installer for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, can you confirm if you've also tried the solutions in the link above provided by
    Andrea Da Costa? Let us know if you're getting the same concern so we can recommend additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?

Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

Source: The Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Tenforo, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?

1. W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot? - Similar Threads - W10 Home 1903

2. How can I associate my Visual Studio 2022 install with Visual Studio installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I associate my Visual Studio 2022 install with Visual Studio installer?: I have a Visual Studio 2022 install, I want to add components to it but Visual Studio Installer says "No products are installed"Clicking the button from the Visual Studio installer shows this window I can't add the image, so I will symbolically type it...
  3. How can I associate my Visual Studio 2022 install with Visual Studio installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I associate my Visual Studio 2022 install with Visual Studio installer?: I have a Visual Studio 2022 install, I want to add components to it but Visual Studio Installer says "No products are installed"Clicking the button from the Visual Studio installer shows this window I can't add the image, so I will symbolically type it...
  4. Can't Install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe: I am trying to install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe. When trying to install the program crashes. I receive a 0x80070005 error. My log is listed below with the error in bold. Can someone help me resolve this issue? Thank you....
  5. Can't Install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe: I am trying to install Visual Studio vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe. When trying to install the program crashes. I receive a 0x80070005 error. My log is listed below with the error in bold. Can someone help me resolve this issue? Thank you....
  6. Can't install the visual studio 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install the visual studio 2019: I have tried installing it manually, or through steam because i need it for a game to run it but everytime it displays the same message [ATTACH] it's the same for x64 and x86. If I try to do the 2015-2019 pack or the standalone 2019 Here is also a post here from another...
  7. Installation of visual studio.

Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  8. Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017

Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017: Hello, I want to install Visual Studio 2017 but the installer doesn't seem working. If I run it, nothing happens. If I run vs_installershell.exe -version in Visual Studio installer folder, it returns this error: TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined...
  9. Visual Studio Installer

Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...
  10. Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

Can't install Visual Studio 2015.: Visual studio community 2015 throws up error and stops.. [img] The log file. dd_vs_community_20160814063743.log I have checked the sha1 and the image is not corrupted as the sha1 matches. 60159