Windows 10: W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

Discus and support W10 Home Creator's Update Diary... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamis, Apr 13, 2017.

1. jamis Win User

W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My System drop down to see my environment. This OS was originally an ASUS factory load of W7 followed by the free upgrade to W10 right before the free offer expired.
    9:00P - Opened the privacy entry on the Action Center panel and verified the settings. The system stated that MS would take the update from there.
    9:05P - v.1703 Feature Updates started the download.
    9:14P - Download at 100% and the install started. Process was called "Modern Setup Host". Couple of black screens during this process with a total of five during the entire update process.
    9:26P - Install at 100% and Restart was requested. Clicked the button. Shutdown update started.
    9:40P - Boot up restart began and the "Working on Updates xx%" screen displayed.
    10:00P - Restarted at 30%.
    10:17P - Restarted at 75%.
    10:41P - Restarted at 100%.
    10:44P - Final boot up finished. The system was usable, but there were several background tasks still running.
    After 104 minutes, the system is at v.1703, bld. 15063.138. I haven't checked everything, but what I have checked seems to work OK. All in all, a lot less complicated, or issue, prone than I was expecting.

:)

jamis, Apr 13, 2017
  2. Ulf_874 Win User

Task Scheduler service is not available. Network condition issue.

Hi all,

I would also like to use this feature but it's not working.

There is often something not working in W10 when trying new things.

Running W10 Home Creators Update, OS 1703.

Best regards,

Ulf

Ulf_874, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Network problems

Hi!

On the W10 machine, go to Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings > Guest and Public Profiles. Turn off network discovery for Guest and Public. Turn on for private and
    Restart.

For HomeGroup let the W10 machine be the creator of the home group. If W8 is already the creator, then you have to go threw the leave home group deal.

This is from W10 and W7 network. W8 may be a hole new issue if you are using the UEFI bios.

Teddy2016, Apr 13, 2017
  4. jamis Win User

Just noticed that the Update History has been wiped clean. The only entry is the Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4018483).

jamis, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Eddie Doc Win User
    Have you looked in the Control Panel, under Programs and Features? You may see more installed updates there.

Eddie Doc, Apr 16, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    That is normal whenever you do an upgrade install for a new version of Windows (which is what you have just done). The old update history is no longer relevant as it listed updates that were applied to a system you are no longer running.

Cumulative Updates just patch the existing system and will be listed in the update history. A Feaures Update should really be called an 'Upgrade', because it downloads the full setup files for the new version ands runs Setup to upgrade your system. That's why (for the next ten days, anyway) you have a windows.old folder with your old system in it, along with the option to 'go back to a previous version' which would restore the old OS.

7. jamis Win User
    Bree: Yes, of course. Now that you mention it, I recalled the same thing when I went from W7 to W10. I was taken aback then and then it became obvious why. Thanks for the synapse bump.

jamis, Apr 16, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

You're welcome *Smile

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary... - Similar Threads - W10 Home Creator's

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. Story of my life diary

Story of my life diary: I have tried to use this program I keep getting, in app purchase is no longer available. so i am unable to use bucket list. gallery etc.I have tried reinstalling and everything i can think of, but nothing happens. Help.David...
  4. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...: ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems? 82548
  5. Creators Update and Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update and Windows 10 Home: Hello, I have two laptops with Win10 Home that I update only sometimes (because the WU service is disabled and because I do when I want to do it). I just update it and everything was fine but it didn't download the CU patch. Also, I try to force the "Search for updates"...
  6. Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update: Hi everyone, After the latest W10 creators update, I have started to get various BSOD. It can happen in a few hours or a few minutes after I turn on my laptop. I have a gaming laptop with Windows 10 PRO 64bit which never had problems before the Creator Update. Specs:...
  7. Updates for W10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates for W10 Home: Microsoft made the following announcement... ..... those with Windows 10 Home will have updates from Windows Update made available automatically. Only Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will be able to defer updates...... For W10 Home Users does ".... made...
  8. Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?

Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?: What's a good FREE video editing software that helps me import a recording of myself, so I can add an intro, and add text during certain stages through the video etc? Thanks*Smile 27491
  9. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...
  10. W10 Creator - display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator - display issue: I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display...