Windows 10: W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.

Discus and support W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small Workgroup LAN (Ethernet) with one remaining Win 7 Pro PC (I would like to phase out), 2 - Win 10 Pro PCs, and a few Win 10 Home addition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edward2, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Edward2 Win User

W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers.

I have a small Workgroup LAN (Ethernet) with one remaining Win 7 Pro PC (I would like to phase out), 2 - Win 10 Pro PCs, and a few Win 10 Home addition PCs.

What I have noticed lately is when viewing the Network from the Win 7 Pro PC, ALL of the PCs in the network are visible. Browsing from a Win 10 Pro machine does not display Win 10 Hm PCs. Browsing from a Win 10 Home machine displays only the Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro PCs. The Win 10 Hm machines can't see other Win 10 Hm machines. They are all in the same WORKGROUP. The Win 10 Hm machines have the Network Discovery on, Shared folders, etc.

This group shares Access database tables located in the Win7 PC, all working fine.

This seems odd, and I'm hoping there is a simple fix.
    Any advice appreciated.

:)

Edward2, Mar 16, 2020

2. W10 Pro

Hello

on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated.

Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance Rolf

RolfSteckling, Mar 16, 2020
  3. W10 pro

I have a PC running W10 pro which has died, can I transfer the license to a new PC I have purchased running W10 home

BrianJenkinsXX, Mar 16, 2020
  4. timfg Win User

New W10 Pro installation cannot see other LAN PCs

I've just procured a Minix Neo for use as a media server, running W10 Pro. After connecting it up to the LAN, it downloaded some large updates. I now find that it cannot see any of the other devices, all set to the same workgroup as the Neo - but they
    can all see it fine. I can ping machines either way and map drives on my NAS using the IP address. Where should I start looking - this is effectively a completely clean install, all I've changed is the workgroup name.

timfg, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 Home PCs seeing only Win7 Pro & W10 Pro PCs on LAN, Not Home vers. - Similar Threads - W10 Home PCs

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro: Hello, I got a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Home and wanted to upgrade it to Pro. I purchased an OEM license and could try to activate it, but I get 0xC004F090 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run ... I tried to use a generic...
  6. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  7. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  8. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  9. 2 W10 PCs on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 W10 PCs on home network: Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10 10 ProN 18363.476 Network... Everything worked prior to updating the OS on PC 1 Cable modem to netgear 7900 7900 to PC 1 7900 to netgear Proline to PC 2 Same workgroup both PCs are on a...
  10. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...