Windows 10: W10 image - Need to use with refreshed system/reinstall W10 back to as HP shipped

Discus and support W10 image - Need to use with refreshed system/reinstall W10 back to as HP shipped in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a system image made on a portable HD using the imaging program within W10, but I can't use it now that I suffered an issue from trying version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JF_WPA, Aug 6, 2020.

1. /u/JF_WPA Win User

W10 image - Need to use with refreshed system/reinstall W10 back to as HP shipped

I have a system image made on a portable HD using the imaging program within W10, but I can't use it now that I suffered an issue from trying version 2004, and had to reinstall W10. Computer name changed, and when I try to run the image, the attached popup is shown. I tried what was shown in the link, but there are no .VHD files in the backup, I guess because they went bye-bye when the OS was 'refreshed'.

I do have a recovery Drive USB made from the orig W10. Is there a way I can utilize this image somehow? Maybe have it converted by another clone program, and then use? Thanks a lot for the help.

submitted by /u/JF_WPA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JF_WPA, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Jaffnaman Win User

Reinstalling W10 within VMware Fusion - clean image

I had to reinstall the VM image after the image got corrupted.

It was originally a W8.1 image that was upgraded to W10. I used key finder to keep a record of the W10 key. Now W10 says the reg key is blocked!!

Do I have to go back to W8.1 and upgrade to W10 all over again?!!

Thanks

Jaffnaman, Aug 6, 2020
  3. default3 Win User
    w10 disc (or system) image

how do i do a w10 disc (or system) image as it doesnt appear in W10 on searching for it?

default3, Aug 6, 2020
  4. TRoss5 Win User

W10 image - Need to use with refreshed system/reinstall W10 back to as HP shipped

W10 System Image Backup

When I use the W10 System Image Backup, it hangs at the step where it says it is "Preparing to create backup" and eventually times out leaving error codes 0x80780021 and 0x81000101. How do I fix this? My machine is Dell XP13, Core I7, 8th Gen, 500 SSD
    and the hard drive is encrypted, but the backup says it will save an unencrypted version on my external backup hard drive.

TRoss5, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 image - Need to use with refreshed system/reinstall W10 back to as HP shipped - Similar Threads - W10 image Need

2. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  3. unable to make system image on W10 PRO

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to make system image on W10 PRO: Many attempts to make the image backup fails. Most fails said to be error on source or target. Tested both devices and found no errors. Backups to internal HD and USB HD failed. Occasionally failure mode is just stall. I have spent days on this and am stymied and annoyed....
  4. unable to make system image on W10 PRO

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to make system image on W10 PRO: Many attempts to make the image backup fails. Most fails said to be error on source or target. Tested both devices and found no errors. Backups to internal HD and USB HD failed. Occasionally failure mode is just stall. I have spent days on this and am stymied and annoyed....
  5. Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?: Im not expert at this , helping a friend(elderly) whose ASUS AIO suddenly wont boot past the BIOS screen. Ive been able to boot into USB and run every thing that i can form the latest W10 download(to usb) from MS. I have been able to boot into Linux Mint(Cinnamon) and see...
  6. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  7. Clean W10 Install, Can't Restore System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean W10 Install, Can't Restore System Image: I created an image of my tower a week or two ago. I decided to restore to said image, but cancelled it. I went to boot it up later, and I received an error that there was no OS. I reasoned that it would be fine to reinstall and then restore. I got W10 through the free upgrade...
  8. W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares: Hi there Anybody got a solution to this I have a LAN with various computers of different OS'es sharing HDD's. If I just leave them idling (i.e nothing running - no sleep / Hibernate / HDD disconnects etc) I find if I try and connect to a SHARE FROM or TO a W10 machine...
  9. w10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 reinstall: this is my first time any any forum i hope im doing it right. i have a 4month old dell inspiron 15 5555. it is running w10 home. i have a sony wireless head phones and the souund quality is equal to sitting inside a tin can. no luck from dell nor sony how to fix. so i bought...
  10. w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up?

in Windows 10 Support
    w7 do not recognize the image system of w10 in a back up?: I had updated windows 7 home premium to windows 10 then when the update was complete I created a backup image of the whole system.... and saved in an external HD. then my fixed disk died, replaced by a new fixed HD I can not recover the backed up windows ten image from my...