Windows 10: W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

Discus and support W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0) Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

Hi there

Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0)

Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you want to concurrently test things without flipping back into the VM's full screen mode.

Part of the windows desktop (in white here) appears as well as the menu -- only the menu should be seen in Unity mode.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 8, 2015
  2. SJDM Win User

How to display different virtual desktops on different monitors

I would suggest the most useful get-around is to run VMware virtual machine and use the power of a wider desktop to run the VMware (or HyperV etc) on the 2nd monitor. You can then run the VMware software in 'unity mode' which allows you to work directly
    in the application window (the one inside the VM); this is better than having to Alt + Tab to the VM environment guest and select the app window you want inside that. It's great, and Windows / VMware is a good solution. (I don't know HyperV which I believe
    has similar functionality). Just make sure you have plenty of memory, as a 64 bit VMware guest VM OS will use similar RAM as a your 'host' machine.

SJDM, Jan 8, 2015
  3. mics1 Win User
    Windows 10 - Black Screen upon boot-up, no cursor, ctrl+alt+del doesn't work.

After successful installation of Windows 10 Preview-Build 15002 (in a VM, VMware WS), I've started update of the actual patches. I don't know whether the update(s) were successful, but after restart of W10, I saw only the same as susancarr-2343.

It is nearly impossible. under this cicumstances, to get into save mode, as proposed earlyer.

Problem located but not fixed:

After clean install of W10 15002 and upgrade to Build 15007.rs_prerelease.170107-1846, the cause of my Problem is clear: It's vmware tools video driver (I still have WS 11.1.4).

Up to W10 1607 (Build 14393.693), the vmware tools video driver is working well.

mics1, Jan 8, 2015
Thema:

W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

1. W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware) - Similar Threads - W10 Unity mode

2. Dark Mode doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode doesn't work properly: I just update my Windows from 10 to 11 and used dark mode but it doesn't work properly. Like this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-doesnt-work-properly/86280831-cf39-4086-826e-e3cc10abeb93
  3. Dark Mode doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Mode doesn't work properly: I just update my Windows from 10 to 11 and used dark mode but it doesn't work properly. Like this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-doesnt-work-properly/86280831-cf39-4086-826e-e3cc10abeb93
  4. Dark mode doesn't work properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode doesn't work properly.: I'm having problems with dark mode. This is how it looks like in the explorer.As a reference, this is how it looks on my other computer and how I expect it to look in this one as well:And this is how some applications show:Which is almost impossible to read. My system is up...
  5. Dark mode doesn't work properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode doesn't work properly.: I'm having problems with dark mode. This is how it looks like in the explorer.As a reference, this is how it looks on my other computer and how I expect it to look in this one as well:And this is how some applications show:Which is almost impossible to read. My system is up...
  6. Dark mode doesn't work properly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot the issue: The virtual machine cannot enter Unity mode because: The guest operating system does not [...] This post VMware...
  8. Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1): Hi there FINALLY !!! Unity mode is working with Windows 10 build 10130 and VMware workstation rel 11.1 latest build. Unity means that the VM can access menus from your HOST desktop without you switching to the VM itself. In a way rather like XPMode - but infinitely...
  9. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  10. Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vmware - anybody got W10 to install and work properly: Hi there I see a load of posts about people running W10 as a VM -- I'm curious to know if it's running OK, whether they can install VMware tools (or vbox additions if they are using vbox) and what version of VMware / vbox are they using. I can't get VMware tools to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual machine fails to enter unity mode