Windows 10: W10 install halts on Copying Windows files

Discus and support W10 install halts on Copying Windows files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am reinstalling Windows 10 using the creation tool. All goes well until I get to the "Copying Windows files" screen won't advance with green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lenberman, Jun 26, 2020.

1. lenberman Win User

W10 install halts on Copying Windows files

I am reinstalling Windows 10 using the creation tool. All goes well until I get to the "Copying Windows files" screen won't advance with green check-marks in Getting Files, Installing Features, etc. I even tried a different hard drive with the same results. I know in past installations it took some time to get through the green check marks, but I've waited over an hour for it to move on and it won't. Please help.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 26, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 install halts on Copying Windows files - Similar Threads - W10 install halts

2. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt: Pretty self-explanatory: when I attempt to move, copy, or delete files especially to an external drive, but the problem happens even when just permanently deleting files from my trash bin, Explorer will, apparently at random, come to a complete halt, such that I can't even...
  3. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt: Pretty self-explanatory: when I attempt to move, copy, or delete files especially to an external drive, but the problem happens even when just permanently deleting files from my trash bin, Explorer will, apparently at random, come to a complete halt, such that I can't even...
  4. Moving or copying files on Windows Explorer grinds to a halt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copying w10 to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    copying w10 to a new machine: I seem to recall a license for W10 allowing you to place the OS on two devices at once.My old machine is temporarily inaccessible and I have a new laptop I'd like to set up with the platform. How can I do this?...
  6. Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?: My windows 10 loads up but crashes every time within the first 30 seconds or so (even in safe mode). I suspect the SSD has become corrupted or faulty. I have a lot of folders on the boot drive I stupidly hadn't backed up and I want to save before reinstalling from scratch on...
  7. How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How best to install d/l-ed copy of W10: Hi :) I have a formatted HDD ready to take my W10 install. I will be d/l-ing from the MS site, and have the choice of creating installation media to install: USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file Obviously, the end result will be the same, but what is easiest? Anyone know the...
  8. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  9. w10 shared files editable but cannot copy new files from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    w10 shared files editable but cannot copy new files from network: I've a w10 setup for file sharing. On the client side (the other computer on the network) I can create a file and save it on the w10. No problem. This was not easy as y'all know but I got that to work, finally.*really The remaining problem is that I cannot simply copy a...
  10. W10 grinding to a halt (dosbox)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 grinding to a halt (dosbox): Hi, fairly new W10 install based on W7 upgrade. Stock drivers for everything. While playing computer games recently (particularly DOSBOX ones) I experience that the system simply grinds to a halt after a certain time. Even trying to get a Task Manager/Process Manager...