Windows 10: W10 install taking forever, won't complete

Discus and support W10 install taking forever, won't complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, Got my self another weird one here. Decided to resurrect an old desktop of mine to give to a family member. When I was using it it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SD60659, Jun 16, 2018.

1. SD60659 Win User

W10 install taking forever, won't complete

Hi guys,

Got my self another weird one here. Decided to resurrect an old desktop of mine to give to a family member. When I was using it it was running W7, the only reason I stopped using it is because I built another system. I've whacked a brand new HDD in, replaced the heatsink & fan, other than that the system is as it was.

W10 install (from USB) is taking absolutely forever. Every step of the process is taking an inordinate amount of time. Two hours to install, and it's been on the "Just a moment" screen for over an hour. I've now switched it off. I've tried 3 times and this has happened on every attempt.

The system far exceeds the requirements for W10 and I know the boot media is good because I've installed from it several times with no issues. Does anyone have any ideas? I know this is a hard one to address in a forum but maybe someone has had this problem before? I've done the googling and found several sources with this problem but they all end up being something like dead HDD or 200 USB sticks plugged in or something.

TIA

:)

SD60659, Jun 16, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond W10 install taking forever, won't complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 16, 2018
  4. W10 install taking forever, won't complete

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

W10 install taking forever, won't complete

1. W10 install taking forever, won't complete - Similar Threads - W10 install taking

2. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  3. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  4. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  7. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disgraceful windows 10 backup taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disgraceful windows 10 backup taking forever to complete: How I hate MICROSOFT, their system is so DUMB AND SO ****. This backup never took more than 1 hour, nothing has changed, today this garbage is taking more than 5 hours already!!! EVEN IF I CAN'T FIND THE SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE, AT LEAST I RANTED AGAINST THIS GODDAMN...
  9. Windows 10 Install Taking Forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Taking Forever: Hello, I have a question regarding Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade. I am trying to install Windows 10 1809 32-bit on my Virtual Box but the installer is stuck in "Getting files ready for installation". The percentage of completion is increasing by 15-30 minute intervals. I...
  10. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.: Hi, I recently deleted my Ubuntu partition and added it to my Windows C drive (which is BitLocked). I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete. Of note, the drive is about 400GB. I've waited for about 12 hours and it is still decrypting. May I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 taking forever