Windows 10: W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD.

Discus and support W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my SSD and I need to get Windows 10 on my HDD so I can remove the SSD while still having a functional Windows 10. It does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hardywv, Mar 11, 2020.

1. W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD.

I have Windows 10 on my SSD and I need to get Windows 10 on my HDD so I can remove the SSD while still having a functional Windows 10.

It does not have to be the same W10 with all the files settings etc, in fact a clean W10 would be preferrable, however I do not have access to any means of creating a bootable W10 drive for installation.

The question then remains.. is this still doable or am I SOL?

submitted by /u/Hardywv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hardywv, Mar 11, 2020
  2. marxuuh Win User

Moving files from SSD to HDD?

So I bought a computer which had 1tb HDD and 128 SSD. Windows is installed to the SSD and now there is only 10gb of available space, because all the apps were installed to the SSD. So my question is - is it possible to move installed applications (Program
    Files/x64 folder) to the HDD drive without losing any data?

marxuuh, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Installing W10 on a new SSD

Probably been asked a trillion times but I cannot find a straight forward answer.

I am soon to be changing my HDD for an SSD in my 6 month old Lenovo laptop, it came with W10 HOME pre installed with a partition for the drivers on the HDD.

If I put a new SSD in the laptop and then install W10 HOME will it automatically activate or will I have to buy a new licence as there is no key to activate on the underside of the laptop.

PeterWilkinson1964, Mar 11, 2020
  4. W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD.

Change out to SSD and a Clean install

Want to change out a HDD to SSD and also do a clean install (with no risk to licenses)
    of W10.

What is best sequence.

Install SSD first, do clean install pointing at SSD or do Clean install on HDD then move to SSD ?

Sargan_499, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD.

1. W10 installed on SSD. Needs to be moved to HDD. - Similar Threads - W10 installed SSD

2. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  3. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  4. needed to change hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    needed to change hdd to ssd: hi!! may i know which ssd hard disk is suitable for lenovo yoga 520 as when i transfer some file it is too slow already please give suggestion thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/needed-to-change-hdd-to-ssd/95a19438-5ab8-4ea4-be9c-80700a597c5d
  5. Can't install W10 after HDD to SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install W10 after HDD to SSD swap: I have a Dell Precision 3630 tower set up in RAID 1 with two 2TB HDD's. I removed both drives and installed two new 2TB Western Digital 2.5" SSD's. I insert my W10 thumb drive, it goes through the loading file process and gets to the screen where I select between 32 & 64 bit...
  6. Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.: Hi, so I have a question regarding W10, SSD, HDD, and transferring W10 from the HDD to the SSD, making the SSD the boot drive and erasing all the data from the HDD to use as a mass storage device. The reason I am asking is because one of my friends is going upgrade his build...
  7. How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?: I have a SSD on way that I will be using to run Windows and some apps. I will do a clean install of Windows on SSD. Will I need to format the old HDD? I want to retain my files that are not stored in C drive. submitted by /u/iamharshkumar97 [link] [comments]...
  8. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  9. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  10. Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD: Simple question, really. New build. Here's the issue, there's the boot drive, C, just an SSD. And the actually hard drive I was supposed to use for everything, E. Well without realizing it, everything was getting saved to C. Which is a whopping 120gb. And not to E which is 2...