Windows 10: W10 internet problem (mostly) solved

Discus and support W10 internet problem (mostly) solved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had significant issues with internet connection dying at first a few times a day and later even more. Eventually I by accident stumbled to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jaakko, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Jaakko Win User

W10 internet problem (mostly) solved

I had significant issues with internet connection dying at first a few times a day and later even more.

Eventually I by accident stumbled to a setting in the "OneDrive settings" (right mouse from the system icon on bottom corner onedrive icon), Performance-tab (or whatever it's in English). Theres on option which at least for me was enabled by default and a warning to uncheck the selection if there are internet connection issues. I did so and since that I've only got one dying connection over several days and the net "feels" faste as well, though that might be just an illusion.

Anyhow, good job Microsoft to enable a seting which may cause internet connection problems and in hiding the setting into an obscure plase one won't find it unless by accident.

:)

Jaakko, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail Apps cannot download attachment

Has anyone had any luck with this problem?

W10 email frequently fails downloading, mostly when really needed.

Email attachments open for me on my android and almost never on W10.

I have tried the suggestions here. Thank you.

MIKE&&GULLA, Aug 20, 2015
  3. I cannot browse internet on EDGE browser

Microsoft Edge and MS apps do not connect to anything on internet. IE and Firefox and a mail client I run can connect to internet. I performed Method 1 and 2 and it did not solve the problem. I upgraded to W10 Pro from Win7 Ultimate.

Mike24West, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

W10 internet problem (mostly) solved

1. W10 internet problem (mostly) solved - Similar Threads - W10 internet problem

2. Solve this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solve this problem: When i start this game setup this message appear and not be solved " note that i opened with run as administrator " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solve-this-problem/50999fdd-64cc-4962-8804-7e023eaecb32
  3. Internet not working- W10!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working- W10!?: What could be the problem? My internet is working on a Chromebook and Ipad but suddenly not on my Windows 10 pc. Nothing seems to be slow or frozen on the pc, just can't get onto the internet status says connected. I've disconnected and reconnected a bunch of times. Suddenly...
  4. Internet not working- W10!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working- W10!?: What could be the problem? My internet is working on a Chromebook and Ipad but suddenly not on my Windows 10 pc. Nothing seems to be slow or frozen on the pc, just can't get onto the internet status says connected. I've disconnected and reconnected a bunch of times. Suddenly...
  5. Internet not working- W10!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem: When I clicked Sign In, it appeared that "you'll need the internet for this", which means I need connect to the internet before I can sign in. But the problem is only can I connect to the internet after I sign in. I get stuck in a loop. This is very annoying, very stupid.1...
  7. please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem: When I clicked Sign In, it appeared that "you'll need the internet for this", which means I need connect to the internet before I can sign in. But the problem is only can I connect to the internet after I sign in. I get stuck in a loop. This is very annoying, very stupid.1...
  8. Problem solved.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem solved.: Problem solved but the site won't let me delete this post. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-solved/e8688f6b-5598-47cd-ab47-2ab5ef2721aa
  9. No internet connection solved

No internet connection solved: Hello, I just wanted to share my experience of not being able to connect to the internet after updating to W10 Creators update (Build 16299.rs3 170928-1535) and how I got it working. After numerous attempts at all the fixes I could find on numerous websites this is what I...
  10. Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED

Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED: Hi there. This affects sharing TO W10 from other machines -- NOT FROM W10 TO other machines which seems to work just fine. Ms has changed some security aspects of file sharing over networks in W10. The changes only affect W7 and earlier Windows OS'es and most Linux...