Windows 10: W10 is installed but cannot do updates

Discus and support W10 is installed but cannot do updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I try to update I get a message saying Windows can not find wuapp.exe 34226 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mitrajoon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. mitrajoon Win User

W10 is installed but cannot do updates

When I try to update I get a message saying Windows can not find wuapp.exe

:)

mitrajoon, Dec 17, 2015
  2. CC_880 Win User

I have successfully installed W10 but the UPDATES for W10 are not downloading

Hi

I tried the Troubleshooter as system supervisor but it didn't find any problems! The updates still try to download but the proceeding is still 0 % all the time.

I also tried to run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    from Command Prompt but the result is:No component store corruption detected.

What should I try next?

CC_880, Dec 17, 2015
  3. I have successfully installed W10 but the UPDATES for W10 are not downloading

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Santosh_Rai, Dec 17, 2015
  4. W10 is installed but cannot do updates

Seems like Windows update files are missing.
    Let us check the system Files.To do this do both of these:

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 17, 2015
  5. mitrajoon Win User
    Thank you I now have the ability to get updates!

I am posting a second issue that I will mention here:

Since upgrading when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, everal libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4 for each of my HD's (internal and external) all my USB drives (which shouldn't even show up unless they are in use), etc.

Again, I'm starting a new post, but no good deed goes unpunished*Smile so I'm giving you first shot.

Thanks again.

mitrajoon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 is installed but cannot do updates

1. W10 is installed but cannot do updates - Similar Threads - W10 installed cannot

2. Cannot see HDD when trying to do clean install of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot see HDD when trying to do clean install of W10: doing a clean install for my mate he's just bought a HP Pavillion and wants a clean install I have the recovery media on USB laptop boots no problem from it however when getting to install page I see NO HDD see pic attached why is this? thoughts and advice please TIA Bart...
  3. Just installed w10 and cannot install any programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Just installed w10 and cannot install any programs: I just installed windows 10 today on a new m.2 drive. This is my 2nd time installing today. The first was win10 pro then I wiped and formatted to install win10 enterprise. When I try to install anything I get this error [img] . I do not think it is a permissions issue...
  4. Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?: Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers? I have done all the 3 steps here: https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/ to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia...
  5. Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?: Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers? I have done all the 3 steps here: https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/ to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia...
  6. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?: Hi there - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail. For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to my...
  7. Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue?: Hi everyone - I have a couple of Dell XPS systems running W10 Pro, x64. When I try to update them with new applications or drivers downloaded from Dell's website, they fail. For me, the way around this is to create a blank local user account, install/update then go back to...
  8. W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235: Update KB4483235 fails to install, and I'm getting errors with DISM. Here's the log files: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. Any ideas? 124511
  9. W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235

W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235: Update KB4483235 fails to install, and I'm getting errors with DISM. Here's the log files: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. Any ideas? 124511
  10. W10 - cannot install.

W10 - cannot install.: I have a windows 7 home premium PC that performs faultlessly. Just after the W10 upgrade became available - I did install 10, just to have a look at the various features etc. At that stage I decided to return to the Win7 system - which I did with no problem. I now wish to...