Windows 10: W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles

Discus and support W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My username for my laptop is say, USER. Few weeks ago, it keeps logging me in under Temp profiles. I tried the common fixes found online but it hasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lastlaughlane1, Apr 18, 2020.

1. W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles

My username for my laptop is say, USER. Few weeks ago, it keeps logging me in under Temp profiles. I tried the common fixes found online but it hasn't fixed it. What's odd is, when I go to C:\Users, all my files are not under USER, they are under a different folder, 35387. Not sure where that folder came from but it may have been my original username when I first got my laptop.

Any ideas on how I can log back in as USER and stop the temp profile creation?

submitted by /u/lastlaughlane1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lastlaughlane1, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Apr 18, 2020
  3. PLJoshi Win User
    Temp profiles keep getting created with auto updates

I did both steps. With 1st one the problem for File Explorer got fixed. Thanks

But even after step 2 its creating and signing in with temp profile. Is there anything else to check / fix / workaround?

Thanks

Prasad

PLJoshi, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the when you sign in to the computer, you are signed in to a temp profile. As you have mentioned that you are back to the regular profile however, unable to access a folder, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to access the folder?
    • Which folder did you move and to which profile?

You can try searching for the folder or files inside the folder and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open File Explorer and press
      ctrl + F
      key together.
    2. Search for the folder with the name or the files inside the folder.
    3. You can also search for the file using the file extension adding the
      * sign as a prefix, like *.exe or *.jpeg
    You can also navigate to C:\Users and if you see a folder name starting with Temp, you can look for the file or folder inside the Temp folder.

If you find the folder or the file, you can copy the data.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles

1. W10 keeps signing me in under Temp profiles - Similar Threads - W10 keeps signing

2. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  3. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  4. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  5. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  6. Forced TEMP Profile Sign In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced TEMP Profile Sign In: Hello, I've had a reoccurring problem where I'd try to log in my computer and it would sign me into a temporary profile. Luckily after the first time it happened, I used OneDrive to backup all my files so I'm not worried about losing my files, but more of my profile...
  7. My computer keeps signing me in as a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps signing me in as a temporary profile: Im not very tech savvy i just restarted is and had the same issue. It tells me i had an issue with signing into my microsoft account but then i signed in and nothing happened. Sometimes i get an alert that says “issue locating c://windows/system32/logil” or something like...
  8. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  9. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  10. Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp W10 profile deleted all my photos, help!: First off let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong category, I'm fairly new to this and wasn't sure where to post. Anyways, I was running Windows 7 since forever but last night decided to upgrade to Windows 10. So this morning I got on my computer and uploaded...