Windows 10: w10 laptop fails to start

Discus and support w10 laptop fails to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My w10 laptop failed to start with following error attached below. 142869 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nichos, Oct 19, 2019.

1. nichos Win User

w10 laptop fails to start

My w10 laptop failed to start with following error attached below.

:)

nichos, Oct 19, 2019
  2. simrick Win User

Failed W10

Okay, so you've got the files from the ISO extracted to your desktop, and you see the setup.exe file, correct?
    You should be able to double-click setup.exe and the upgrade will begin. There is no "auto run" involved in this step, so I don't understand where that error came from.

Edit: Did you run the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) to make sure your Windows 7 system files are intact, as suggested in the tutorial?

A chkdsk on your hard drive may be in order.

1. Click Start
    2. Type: CMD, from the results, right-click CMD
    3. Select Run as Administrator
    4. At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r
    (Notice the space between the k and /)

When you restart your system, your hard drive will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

w10 laptop fails to start [​IMG]

simrick, Oct 19, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. w10 laptop fails to start - Similar Threads - w10 laptop fails

2. Laptop failing to start Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop failing to start Windows 10: Hey everyone, I have a LENOVO G50-70, with i3-4030U and 8GB RAM, and recently my laptop showed a BSOD and showed this is caused by REFERENCE TO POINTER and then shutted down, since then on whenever I try to start my laptop it either shows error codes:0xc0000428 0xc0000221...
  3. Failed Drive on Laptop preventing it from booting - reinstall W10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed Drive on Laptop preventing it from booting - reinstall W10?: I have a question regarding the recent suspected internal hard disk (HDD not SDD) failure of my Windows 10 laptop. That hard disk contains Windows 10. At present, the laptop will not boot at all. Here is a bit of background on the problem and what I have done to date. After...
  4. Failed W10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed W10 Install: Ok ... purchased the W10 Home from the Microsoft Store yesterday Nov 3 2020 to update my W7 machine. Received the email with the key and the install link. When I purchased on the phone and asked about whether a 64bit install was included and was told that I would be...
  5. Laptop fails to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fails to start: Hi community, recently, when using Chrome with Google as my homepage, it suddenly and inexplicably went to Yahoo as the now home page; I did a system restore in hope of fixing the problem but now nothing works. It comes up 'preparing auto repair' then 'diagnosing your PC' and...
  6. W10 Laptop lost start password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Laptop lost start password: Was OK but now it does not recognize my password. what to do? to start? BUT the same password works OK on my W10 PC !!! ......nick Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800...
  7. w10 update fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    w10 update fail: the spec are Direkt-Ten slim laptop DTLAPC-14-1, Intel Atom , The laptop has 4GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage Would doing system recovery help or adding the SD card help, With the SD card should it be formatted to Fat 32 or NTFS will window see it as part of C Drive
  8. w10 beta failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 beta failed: Hi, I downloaded w10 (Build 10130 ??)doubled clicked "...Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-GB_10130...." & updated my w8.1 spare HD to w10. Worked OK & liked it that afternoon but, next morning would not boot up so after 2-3 hrs I use my flash stick & got w8.1 back. I...
  9. W10 Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Fail: I was hoping for a "reduction" with the bells and whistles when I installed W10 yesterday. It saddens me that Microsoft did not listen to people about the traditional Start Menu--or at least, give the PC user the ability to change the Start Menu to look and behave exactly...
  10. Failed W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed W10: Currently using desktop. Yesterday I downloaded W10 on my notebook (it had been in order for me to do so). After many hours, and updating, I thought I'd have W10 working, but amongst the updates I saw W10 cancelled, or failed. No idea why. I can't find any evidence of W10...