Windows 10: W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending

Discus and support W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For years, when I shut the laptop's lid, it suspends, and then continues on opening. That's how power is set, and is still set. however, in the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ithinktfiam, Aug 30, 2021.

1. W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending

For years, when I shut the laptop's lid, it suspends, and then continues on opening. That's how power is set, and is still set. however, in the last week or two, suddenly it's shutting down even though the power setting says suspend. It reboots when I re-open.Did MS do something in a recent release to ignore power settings?

:)

ithinktfiam, Aug 30, 2021

2. Computer shuts down instead of suspending

I have a reasonably powerful computer, with 6 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, processors and a total of 12 cores, on an Intel board. This computer has been running Linux until recently, when I installed Windows 10 64bits. Now it happens
    that the computer, instead of suspending, shuts down.

jjgarciaripoll, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Computer shuts down instead of suspending

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Are you connected to any domain network?
    • When you say ‘’suspending’’ do you refer to sleep mode?
    Awaiting you response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Carbo Win User

W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending

1. W10 laptop suddenly shutting down instead of suspending - Similar Threads - W10 laptop suddenly

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  7. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop suddenly shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly shutting down: Hey guys, It has been for months now, my laptop randomly shutdowns without a warning, and I think that its because of windows update, because before an shutdown event happen at event viewer, there is always a WindowsUpdate event that is happening. Can someone help me fix...
  9. LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN: My laptop is 8 year old its battery gave out 7 months ago it wont charge and my laptop wont start without charging so it shutsdown suddenly bcz of charger moving or electricity goes out about 3 times a day it shut downs suddenly in one day will it cause any problems and if...
  10. Laptop shuts down suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down suddenly: My laptop shuts down as soon as battery is below 40, even though the power settings are set at it shutting down on 5%. It gives no warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-suddenly/31a7c478-ff85-4985-935e-411b782a2186