Windows 10: W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

Discus and support W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy. I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by negativedrew, Nov 12, 2015.

1. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy.

I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The screen(s) turn off and the computer goes to sleep after a minute despite my best efforts. I have every setting that I can find set to 'never,' including the power options, advanced power options, screen saver, etc. Any ideas of something I'm missing? I have a suspicion this is related to running 2 monitors but hopefully there's a fix. Thanks for any help!

Edit: I think I might have fixed it by adding a registry fix to allow the setting of 'System Unattended Timeout' to 0 minutes. Will continue testing, but I think I've fixed it for now!

:)

negativedrew, Nov 12, 2015

2. Turn Screen Off and Sleep

I can't get either my desktop or laptop to follow orders to turn the screen off and/or go to sleep after 1 minute when plugged in. I'm using W10 on both machines. Desktop is a Dell XPS; monitor is by Acer. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14Z. Any help here?

CraigHamiltonJr, Nov 12, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    N95 Display turns off after about 1 minute

If the reset didn't work then the next thing to try is a firmware reinstall. Instructions and software for this are easy to find on Nokia's web site.

Failing that, you'll have to take your handset to a Nokia Care Point to have it repaired. If it's still under warranty don't forget to take proof of purchase such as your invoice with the phone's IMEI number printed on it.

grschinon, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

1. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute - Similar Threads - W10 laptop second

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  5. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  6. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  8. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  9. Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second: I keep several programs active most of the time. This is indicated by a bar under the icon. Mousing the icon of the currently open program window shows a thumbnail view of the current window(s), which stays visible until moving away. However, mousing the other icons shows a...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10, Monitor turns off after 1-3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to Windows 10, Monitor turns off after 1-3 minutes.: Upgraded to Windows 10 when I went to bad last night. I wake up to the computer beeping, 3 beeps at a time, nothing on screen. I decide to keep waiting, just in case. After many hours, I try anything to get it to react, but finally decide to force shutdown. Then, after...