Windows 10: W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar

Discus and support W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the latest up date both my W10 computers now have full screen windows partially obscured by the taskbar. The only option is to autohide the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeilWyatt, Dec 13, 2018.

1. NeilWyatt Win User

W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar

Since the latest up date both my W10 computers now have full screen windows partially obscured by the taskbar.

The only option is to autohide the taskbar which is a PITA

This is both a Packard Bell desktop and a Toshiba laptop.

I see this is a common problem since the latest update.

Please confirm that it will be patched soon.

P.S Cortana doesn't know what to say when asked 'about windows'...

:)

NeilWyatt, Dec 13, 2018
  2. dsdavis6 Win User

taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 13, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

The options will be in the video card options, like if you use a ATI video card the options will be in CCC. You should give people more details about your comp.

AsRock, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar - Similar Threads - W10 Latest update

2. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  3. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  4. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  6. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  7. Latest Full Update and KB5003173

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Full Update and KB5003173: 19042.985 was dumped onto my pcs without any warning [that I could see]. Now both computers are running slow. Even logging in takes ages for the log-in window to appear. And the MSN Homepage using FIREFOX is as slow as the proverbial: the pictures are just greyed-out with a...
  8. Keep taskbar in full screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep taskbar in full screen?: I've been looking around without finding a solution. So what I want is to basically be able to have the taskbar appear when I am using an application in full screen. I have it so that the taskbar shows when I'm pointing down at it and would like this to be possible even in...
  9. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  10. IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen.

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 (W10) gives only taskbar microwindows. NO full screen.: IE 11 in W10 worked O.K. but a month ago suddenly stopped opening from both the taskbar and desktop icons. Right click on these icons gives a pop-up list of recent IE WEB and other IE sites at the taskbar IE icon, but clicking on these list items opens CORRECT microwindows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search obscured

2. bottom of app obscured by task bar