Windows 10: W10 Login email address

Discus and support W10 Login email address in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tony bowman w10, May 19, 2020.

1. W10 Login email address

My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The outlook.com address displays as the primary alias email address in manage how you sign in to microsoft but displays as the ****.yyy@ispname address on the W10 login screen. How do I change the login screen to display the now outlook.com login without risking losing her information.

We are running W10 1903 and new Microsoft Edge.

:)

tony bowman w10, May 19, 2020

2. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 19, 2020
  3. How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, May 19, 2020
  4. W10 Login email address

email address on login screen

Hi Mikey,

By default, the sign in screen shows your name and email address (or username if you’re not using a Microsoft account) and whatever picture you’ve associated with your account. But Microsoft has its way on how can hide the email address on the login screen.
    Here are the steps:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options from the left side.
    • Under Privacy, go to Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen.
    • Toggle the switch to Off.

W10 Login email address f69ce258-28c5-41e1-ae1f-b0afadf1b4e4.jpg

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

PreciousLeb, May 19, 2020
Thema:

W10 Login email address

1. W10 Login email address - Similar Threads - W10 Login email

2. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10: If I change my primary email address used to login to W10 what impact will that have on Office Suite 2019 H&S which is activated by the old address?Checking my id icon in Excel says "old address" logged in. If the old address is not logged in because I use the new does Excel...
  3. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10: If I change my primary email address used to login to W10 what impact will that have on Office Suite 2019 H&S which is activated by the old address?Checking my id icon in Excel says "old address" logged in. If the old address is not logged in because I use the new does Excel...
  4. Impact on Office Suite of changing email address used to login to W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  6. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  7. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  8. Change Login Email Address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  9. Misspelled email address login

Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...
  10. Misspelled email address login

Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...