Windows 10: W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it

Discus and support W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it at left wont allow user to type anything. It is a HP all in 1 touch screen. You... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wwcw, May 12, 2016.

1. wwcw Win User

W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it

W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it at left wont allow user to type anything.
    It is a HP all in 1 touch screen.
    You cant type in the pw box the blank circle next to the one with the "I" in it flashes.
    See pic? any ideas?
    W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it [​IMG]

:)

2. 93tid Win User

the clear circle with a colored circle inside it

I think that would be the indicator for the location service being active.

93tid, May 12, 2016
  3. the clear circle with a colored circle inside it

Can you try and get a picture or screenshot?

ceroberts75, May 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Your screenshot shows your email address.

Suggest you delete it and repost one with email address cropped out.

davidhk, May 12, 2016
  5. Why Microsoft thought that was a good idea, I'll never know? *Doh

alphanumeric, May 12, 2016
  6. So it's stealing the focus? What actually happens when you try to type anything?

7. wwcw Win User
    You can't type the circle next to the I just flashes. I cant find anything on google, but I suspect something to do with touch screen. Maybe something is on the screen I am having them clean it and retry. But what is the "I" circle for? etc

8. davidhk Win User

My speculation is : it is a HP related issue.
    Suggest that you go to HP support forums and ask that question.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Welcome...rum/ct-p/about

davidhk, May 12, 2016
  9. In Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen there are options to have Apps show on the lock screen. As daveidhk said, it's likely an HP installed APP that's messing up your login. It may be trying retrieve Info from the internet. It's hard to say exactly what it is. I don't recognize it. You likely need somebody with an HP, maybe even that model to tell you what those Icons are for.

10. Edwin New Member
    Looks like a Cortana glitch.

Edwin, May 13, 2016
  11. The Windows lock screen is way out of proportion - probably a display driver issue.

That might be why the input box won't take input. The touch sensor and the visual image don't relate.

I believe that the I is your cursor

If the machine is connected to the Internet (hardwire) - Windows Update might ... might pull done the driver.

Windows install media would allow System Recovery - Restore Point, a driver load, or a Refresh.

I don't have the focus to follow up with those tasks.

Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  12. wwcw Win User
    The problem was as I thought. I had her clean the screen and it was fine, so there must have been a smudge there making it think it was being touched. "another reason I hate touch screens"

Thema:

1. W10 Login screen Circle with I in it and flashing circle next to it - Similar Threads - W10 Login screen

2. Circle dots just circling when bootable flash drive is plug in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Circle dots just circling when bootable flash drive is plug in.: Hello I have a Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop. I am trying to reinstall windows 10 on it from a bootable flash drive but it's not letting me. When I have the bootable flash drive plug in, under the Acer explore beyond limits logo it is just showing a dot circle which is just...
  3. Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle: I can not access my Dell Inspiron 3471 desktop with Windows 10 When I turn on the computer this is what happens. I initially get the Dell Logo with circle of white turning dots. Then I get Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle Dell tried to help, it did not...
  4. Flashing blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing blue circle: The blue circle next to te arrow keeps flashing and its a brand new laptop. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-blue-circle/665bf8c6-6598-43de-be00-c45784f0d96c
  5. Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines): Every day for the last week 2-3 of the computers in our domain have come up with this issue. There's also over system performance decrease on the affected machines. Microsoft support is useless and won't return my calls after we paid them $500. Anyone know the cause or the...
  6. Flashing circles and crazy mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing circles and crazy mouse: I keep getting flashing circles on the desktop, it seems to effect the mouse cant shut down when it happens, tried deleting chrome, still happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-circles-and-crazy-mouse/476a0a96-0fac-49dc-a281-06452f00271f
  7. Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor: Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor. I'm in Windows 10. Tried disabling all start-up apps and rebooting - still is flashing... Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-busy-circle-flashing-next-to-cursor/64cf156f-ac7b-41b0-8e79-8f27324cf465
  8. Constant flashing loading icon (blue circle) next to my mouse.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant flashing loading icon (blue circle) next to my mouse.: As the title says I have this constant loading going on somewhere in my computer. it interferes with my games or if I put anything to full screen it automatically pulls it out of full screen and minimizes it. It also interferes with my typing. If I'm trying to type in an...
  9. flashing blue circle

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing blue circle: I know there is others who have this issue of the flashing blue working circle next to the mouse pointer on the screen. I have read through he forums and tried what I could find but so far no luck getting rid of it. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - on my Asus...
  10. why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?: I have successfully completed a download of windows 10 and it is running well so far but the blue circle that normally denotes something is downloading or changing is cons tantly flashing 57759

Users found this page by searching for:

1. circle windows 10 log in flashing