Windows 10: W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

Discus and support W10 login screen picture windows spotlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I lock it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-login-screen-picture-windows-spotlight/9f31f70a-1577-4174-a42e-f80882368503 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterBalogh, Apr 6, 2019.

1. W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

How can I lock it

:)

PeterBalogh, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen

With the anniversary update, the spotlight feature works on Login screen as well (yay!!)

But... anecdotal evidence indicates that currently the Windows Spotlight will ONLY change pictures at a later time after you have invoked the lock screen at least once.

But the problem is, not everyone has a habit of going to the lock screen daily (like me with my home machine that basically doesn't need to be locked, unlike in an office environment). As it is now, if I want to see a new spotlight picture for my power-up login screen, the only way that works for me is to go to the LOCK screen on purpose after I have signed in, then go back to desktop immediately. Then on the next day, I will most likely see a new picture for my login screen.

.... Why do I have to lock my screen JUST for the sake of seeing a new spotlight picture on my login screen?? Or have I missed anything here?

seemebreakthis, Apr 6, 2019
  4. W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

Creators Update 1703 Sign-in/Login screen Spotlight feature broken

KB4034674 cumulative update is installed.

There is no error message. The sing-in/login screen show the same pic from default ones. I can change it when I select Picture, but when Spotlight is set login/sign-on secreen will always show the pic set with Picture option and not the Spotlight picture.
    But the Lock screen, on the other hand, shows and cycles Spotlight pictures nicely.

It is on all user accounts, because it is the login/sing-on screen displayed after windows boots.

SebastianByczkowski, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

1. W10 login screen picture windows spotlight - Similar Threads - W10 login screen

2. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  3. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  6. W10 Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Login screen: So my problem is that everytime i boot windows i have to press the OK button bellow the "other user" sign-in to be able to select my actual user on the bottom left corner. Its kind off annoying to do this everytime. Is there a option to get my user as default instead of...
  7. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  8. Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures: I'm a bit confused about the terminology of background pictures, themes and Spotlight picture. When the computer hasn't been used for a specified time, my screen savers start. If I go back to the computer and move the mouse my screensaver goes away and another Windows picture...
  9. W10 Welcome Screen Picture

W10 Welcome Screen Picture: O.k. Can someone tell me, in plain English please, how to disable the welcome screen picture in W10 ?......have tried turning it of in personalization, but it is still there....it has changed recently from a seascape and some caves, to some stupid Halloween lamps, and is...
  10. Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?

Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?: More than once already I would have loved to know WHERE the screen lock image that Windows 10 presented that day was taken. Some are really very beautiful and spectacular. Any idea? Is there some website where one can find some background info re. the image of the day? 34850