Windows 10: W10 lost boot password

Discus and support W10 lost boot password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What's the best to recover or reset a logon password? 136545 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by teckneeculler, Jul 14, 2019.

1. W10 lost boot password

What's the best to recover or reset a logon password?

:)

teckneeculler, Jul 14, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jul 14, 2019
  3. GSG-9 Win User
    Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

W10 lost boot password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

W10 lost boot password

1. W10 lost boot password - Similar Threads - W10 lost boot

2. Lost password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost password: How do I open windows on a pc without knowing the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/ca6d78b3-4a9f-4ae0-abaa-f431be86a94e
  3. Lost password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost password: How do I open windows on a pc without knowing the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/ca6d78b3-4a9f-4ae0-abaa-f431be86a94e
  4. Lost password after msconfig boot network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost password after msconfig boot network: hi there, i tried to login with safe mode with methide msconfig >boot >network when my pc booting and login tried to input password buta it shown password incorret. any one can help to solve this please..thanks...
  5. Lost password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password: Hello My computer is in bootsafe mode, I have the pin code but lost my password. I can’t get back to normal boot mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/7d1eec36-e94a-4e03-a363-4c3375c21908
  6. W10 Passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Passwords: G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has been upgraded at some point, no idea who did that. Basically the user has forgotten the password. Seems to be a local...
  7. W10 Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Passwords: G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has been upgraded at some point, no idea who did that. Basically the user has forgotten the password. Seems to be a local...
  8. W10 lost boot password

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 lost boot password: What's the best to recover or reset a logon password? 136545
  9. W10 Laptop lost start password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Laptop lost start password: Was OK but now it does not recognize my password. what to do? to start? BUT the same password works OK on my W10 PC !!! ......nick Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800...
  10. Lost everything on W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost everything on W10: I lost Edge, IE11, start menu, power turn off and I guess just about everything on W10. Is there a way I can restart W10 from the beginning. thanks 39367