Windows 10: W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

Discus and support W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label When I send mail from my gmail account, the mailer/google store the sent copy in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Levy in London, Jun 21, 2020.

1. W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

When I send mail from my gmail account, the mailer/google store the sent copy in spam and not "sent mail".

Can this be changed so that out going mail is stored in the correct folder/assigned the correct label?

Dave

This thread is similar but not the same, although it claims the problem is with W10 mail app and it's expectations from gmail services.

:)

Dave Levy in London, Jun 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Gosim Win User
    Windows Mail Sent folder

When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox.
    This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either my Hotmail address or my Blueyonder address they all appear in my Sent folder OK.
    I have reinstalled the App but that has not helped .
    Odd !!!!

Windows 10 1909

Gosim, Jun 21, 2020
  4. DMO
    dmo Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Thema:

1. W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label - Similar Threads - W10 Mail App

2. Why sent mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mail from Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why sent mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mail from Gmail: My senders mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mails from my mail,How do i solve this issue.* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-sent-mail-addresses-are-hidden-when-trying-to/4bfc79ca-27ca-42ec-bada-7a7ed4ed9b5b
  3. Why sent mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mail from Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why sent mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mail from Gmail: My senders mail addresses are hidden when trying to send mails from my mail,How do i solve this issue.* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-sent-mail-addresses-are-hidden-when-trying-to/4bfc79ca-27ca-42ec-bada-7a7ed4ed9b5b
  4. Email sent from my Windows 11 Mail App won't show in my Gmail Sent folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email sent from my Windows 11 Mail App won't show in my Gmail Sent folder: Hi,I just synced my Gmail account with my Windows 11 Mail app on my new Lenovo laptop. All folders are syncing properly, except that every time I send an email from my Windows Mail App, it won't show in my Gmail Sent emails. I have no trace of the email sent from my Windows...
  5. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  6. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  7. Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items

Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items: I use Windows 10 Mail for several different email accounts. For the last couple of weeks, whenever I send Gmail, the sent email turns up in my Spam folder, not my sent items. I then have to move each email into my Sent items. I think this originated as a Gmail blip and I...
  8. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  9. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  10. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...