Windows 10: W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves

Discus and support W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time I start these apps, if I shift focus from them, they close on their own.*Huh I've eliminated all the usual suspects (touchpad, antivirus,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gpstoloff, Oct 20, 2015.

1. gpstoloff Win User

W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves

Every time I start these apps, if I shift focus from them, they close on their own.*Huh

I've eliminated all the usual suspects (touchpad, antivirus, Keyser Söze, etc.), so I'm turning to you folks for ideas.
    (System is Acer Aspire SW5-012; OS is Generic 10 Home - Build 10240).

:)

gpstoloff, Oct 20, 2015

2. Mail and Calendar not working Win 10

I just installed the updates to windows 10 and now the Mail and Calendar apps close by themselves as soon as I try and click on anything. All was working fine before the updates.

I'm on a Surface 3

vallandingham, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Jordan.W Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar doesn't show Gmail shared calendars

Then what is your timetable for fixing it so that shared Google calendars will be visible within the calendar app, once the account has been added? As of right now, the calendar & mail app like to advertise themselves as "We speak Yahoo! We speak Gmail!";
    it would be nice if they actually did.

Jordan.W, Oct 20, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

On the Microsoft Community, the same issue was raised.

The suggestion was to log-in with your Microsoft account password, instead of your PIN.

This seems to have resolved an issue with synching with live.com for Weather, Mail, Calendar, and People. Apparently, these Modern apps will crash out when their synch fails.

I'd be interested to see if others have the same success.

gpstoloff, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Not had time to check this as I am going out shortly

But mine is doing this today (ms account, not pin)
    at first I thought I was accidentally closing it, but come back to pc a few times and mail has closed down

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves - Similar Threads - W10 Mail Calendar

2. Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed: I want Windows Mail and Calendar background work to be disabled if they are closedI have a few email accounts there, I want to still receive other notifications from other applications and receive notifications only if the apps are intentionally opened and left running....
  3. Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mail and calendar notification if apps closed: I want Windows Mail and Calendar background work to be disabled if they are closedI have a few email accounts there, I want to still receive other notifications from other applications and receive notifications only if the apps are intentionally opened and left running....
  4. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  5. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  6. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  7. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  8. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  9. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  10. Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App: I finally got Mail App's email working. It picked up all the mail in my Outlook 2016 pst file.. However, it didn't pick up any of the events or people in the Calendar and Contacts from the same pst file. I thought that was supposed to happen. What do I need to do to import my...