Windows 10: W10 mail shows someone else's account

Discus and support W10 mail shows someone else's account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My sister called me with a problem. She has w10 mail to pull in her outlook. Com mail but always uses outlook. Com online instead. She clicked on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Watson John.Watson, Nov 22, 2020.

1. W10 mail shows someone else's account

My sister called me with a problem. She has w10 mail to pull in her outlook. Com mail but always uses outlook. Com online instead. She clicked on an email link in a web site and it opened w10 mail but in the From field it shows someone else's name. She says the account name on the left is also this different name. Strangely it's someone she worked with years ago. As i understand it when you set up W10 mail you have to enter your email account and she is not likely to enter Some one she worked with years ago. How can this happen?

:)

John Watson John.Watson, Nov 22, 2020

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Davidp8 Win User
    how to add contact to new mail in w10

My issue is with W10 new mail. Transferring contacts and (if possible) mail messages from old live mail.

I don't understand the People App?

I cannot see any steps to take me to a contact list on the new mail pages.

I have tried saving from old contacts list , but how to import them?

the references given don't seem to line up with mu window in mail.

Then how to import G-mail address list?

David

Davidp8, Nov 22, 2020
  4. W10 mail shows someone else's account

Windows 10 Mail app - don't show account name on left

Hello, I'm setting up a new W10 laptop for my mum.

In the standard Mail app I've linked her IMAP account successfully.

The name of the account (with unread messages count) shows on the left pane, above the list of folders.

Is it possible to hide the account name from the left pane? She only has one account and keeps clicking the account name instead of the inbox.

Thanks!

brainaddled, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

W10 mail shows someone else's account

1. W10 mail shows someone else's account - Similar Threads - W10 mail shows

2. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  3. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  4. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  5. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  6. Mail - Shows someone else's name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail - Shows someone else's name: About a year ago, I took over an account for an organization and sync that Gmail account with my mail account on windows. The previous handler of the account added their name to it. I no longer have that account. However, since adding it, my OTHER accounts will show up with...
  7. Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon: White envelope icon on my home screen shows my husbands emails not mine. How could this be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-elses-emails-showing-on-envelope-icon/53db5277-c7c9-4f6c-b0c2-fa8a06cb056c"
  8. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  9. Someone else trying to use account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else trying to use account: My wife got a notification that someone else might be using her account and was instructed to reset her account. The phone number that was listed for the text code was a number we never had....
  10. Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture: on my devices list, i see my devcie and sommeone elses. When i go to magage the kiat i only see mine. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-list-shows-an-unknown-device-and-someone/3b0ce94a-e090-420c-a039-8fc56619cc2f