Windows 10: W10 Mail will not send or receive

Discus and support W10 Mail will not send or receive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mactoshb, May 12, 2022.

1. mactoshb Win User

W10 Mail will not send or receive

I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I have sent umpteen test emails to my own Email address and the test email seems to go but is not received and is not in the sent folder.I downloaded and installed Thunderbird and tried to download emails biu nothing happened, so I think I have screwed up the settings, but cannot correct as I have no idea what they are.. I

:)

mactoshb, May 12, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, May 12, 2022
  3. Robert11 Win User
    Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

Hello,

Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me.

Trying to set up the Microsoft Mail on a pc running W10.
    Have never used this MS Mail before.

Funny, but I can send msgs with it just fine.

But it receives nothing.
    I tested it out by sending a msg to myself from it (it came thru on my iPhone, only),
    and also by sending from my iPhone.

So, sending seems to work, but nothing received in the Inbox, apparently.

What am I, as usual, doing wrong or missing ?
    Sr. Citien now, so real specific and detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, May 12, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 12, 2022
Thema:

1. W10 Mail will not send or receive - Similar Threads - W10 Mail send

2. Microsoft Mail send/receive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail send/receive issue: Can't send/receive emails in Microsoft Outlook, error message is Ox8004010F, running Windows 10. I think the issue started when I did a One drive backup? the file path for the Outlook Data file has changed to One Drive although the file still appears to be in my C drive, I've...
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  5. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  6. Cannot receive or send e-mail

Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  7. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. W10 Mail will not send or receive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  9. W10 Mail will not send or receive

W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  10. E-mail not sending/receiving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006