Windows 10: W10 Mail

Discus and support W10 Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Outlook email address, but I access it through W10 Mail. I am receiving emails that purport to be from MS, but the addresses appear strange,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phil E.VanSwoll, Jun 10, 2021.

1. W10 Mail

I have an Outlook email address, but I access it through W10 Mail. I am receiving emails that purport to be from MS, but the addresses appear strange, and the syntax is poor. They advise me that all old versions of MS email are being done away with, and that I need to update to continue receiving emails. Are these legitimate, or are they phishing expeditions?

:)

Phil E.VanSwoll, Jun 10, 2021

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help & learning - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Davidp8 Win User
    how to add contact to new mail in w10

My issue is with W10 new mail. Transferring contacts and (if possible) mail messages from old live mail.

I don't understand the People App?

I cannot see any steps to take me to a contact list on the new mail pages.

I have tried saving from old contacts list , but how to import them?

the references given don't seem to line up with mu window in mail.

Then how to import G-mail address list?

David

Davidp8, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

W10 Mail

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. W10 Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

W10 Mail

1. W10 Mail - Similar Threads - W10 Mail

2. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?: I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 and have lots of important emails in the inbox. I was using IMAP. I'm now changing my whole system and want to move to Outlook Exchange mail as part of Office 365. How do I save all existing emails in Mail so I can import them...
  3. Transfer TB ics file to W10 Mail Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer TB ics file to W10 Mail Calendar: My ISP (Rogers) tells me that they do not support Thunderbird. I would not mind changing over to MS Mail except that in TB I have a calendar which saves my emails in ics format. I can find no way to transfer my TB ics file to Mail Calendar. Can anyone please give me a hint...
  4. How do we secure w10 mail?

How do we secure w10 mail?: With my computer on any one can click the envelope icon and read my email. can we prevent this at the email app level? Jack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-secure-w10-mail/d80bdb9f-feef-4069-98e0-7db6af5d6080
  5. W10 mail shows someone else's account

W10 mail shows someone else's account: My sister called me with a problem. She has w10 mail to pull in her outlook. Com mail but always uses outlook. Com online instead. She clicked on an email link in a web site and it opened w10 mail but in the From field it shows someone else's name. She says the account name...
  6. W10 Mail Works OK for a Few Minutes then Stops Showing Message Text.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Mail Works OK for a Few Minutes then Stops Showing Message Text.: Using Windows 10 1909 with the latest Quality Updates,W10 mail works OK for a few minutes then stops showing message text; any ideas? Brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-mail-works-ok-for-a-few-minutes-then-stops/3c56fdfb-c62b-4ba9-8274-1625fc507c9d
  7. W10 mail app deletes mails

W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  8. How do I make W10 mail search farther back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make W10 mail search farther back?: I was unable to find the setting to have W10 mail search farther back than 3 years or so. I can run the search on Outlook.com with no problems, but W10 doesn't seem to sync mail that far back. submitted by /u/DiCatto [link] [comments]...
  9. W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label: W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label When I send mail from my gmail account, the mailer/google store the sent copy in spam and not "sent mail". Can this be changed so that out going mail is stored in the correct folder/assigned the correct...
  10. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...