Windows 10: W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

Discus and support W10 Menu's content : Start > Power in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, On one of the computers server we are so annoyed because we always got the "Update and shutdown" appearing. I looked on the web and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laurent Fournier, Feb 14, 2020.

1. W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

Hi there,

On one of the computers server we are so annoyed because we always got the "Update and shutdown" appearing.

I looked on the web and besides using CMD or disabling WUpd service...nothing worth it.

The thing is, we don't want to disable anything but then I went on a W10 computer which start menu showed Reboot and Shutdown 4 times, the normal entries and the ones with the "Update and.." before them.

How can I make it happens on our customers' computers too ?

Cheers,

Laurent

:)

Laurent Fournier, Feb 14, 2020
  2. RoyDen Win User

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

Lance1
    I installed Open Shell 4.4.142. No change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve C

Mouse Hover (under Control Tab) does nothing. I hover over the W10 Start menu icon and nothings happens.

Then I changed all options to Open-Shell Menu. Nothing changes.

I want the W10 start menu icon replaced by the Open Shell menu like it worked for classic shell in W7.
    I do not even want to see the W10 start menu.

Any other suggestions?

RoyDen, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

I have these set - you need to log out and in for the changes to apply.

W10 Menu's content : Start > Power [​IMG]

W10 Menu's content : Start > Power [​IMG]

Steve C, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

Power and All apps are not visible in Start menu

Hi Gina,

I would like to inform you that Power and All apps will show by default in your Start menu. Other options like Settings; File Explorer; Pictures etc. are to set as per your requirements. Follow the steps below and check if that helps. Also let us know if
    you have made any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue.

Step 1: Check for updates.

If you can't open the Start menu or Cortana, first check for updates.

• Press Windows logo key + R, type ms-settings:, and then select
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows
      Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: Restart your device.

If you didn’t have any updates that required a restart, it’s still a good idea to restart your device to make sure any pending updates are installed.

Step 3: Try the troubleshooter.

For assisted support, try this
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Do let us know if you are able to get Power and All apps on Start menu. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

1. W10 Menu's content : Start > Power - Similar Threads - W10 Menu's content

2. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  3. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  4. Start menu search shows no results for file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search shows no results for file contents: Windows 10. i want to search for file contents. Is it possible to do that via start menu search? or do I always need to open the file explorer there it is possible to search for file contents. That would be inconvenient. It should be possible to search for file contents via...
  5. Start menu search shows no results for file contents

in Cortana
    Start menu search shows no results for file contents: Windows 10. i want to search for file contents. Is it possible to do that via start menu search? or do I always need to open the file explorer there it is possible to search for file contents. That would be inconvenient. It should be possible to search for file contents via...
  6. Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu: Tutorial at Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 says there are two ways to do it: 2 for add and 2 for remove. Some time ago, I removed it and I am now trying to add it back in. Neither options work. I don't remember HOW I removed it either. So: method 1. Merge this...
  7. Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10): This issue really annoy me as I cannot open the start menu normally as usual. But I can open start menu when I set it to fullscreen I don't understand why this happened, and I tried sfc, restart Explorer, Safe Mode, etc. Nothing happen....
  8. Problem in the start menu on W10

Problem in the start menu on W10: Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon...
  9. Start menu not working in w10

Start menu not working in w10: I try to pin apps to the start menu and no allow me, didn't pin the app, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-working-in-w10/9d909121-0385-48d5-ab5a-d3c5de8a1c32
  10. View of Settings content in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    View of Settings content in Start Menu: [img] My settings are now in text format. I don't see an obvious way back to the icon view. The text view retains the original positions so it is not in alphabetical order- I don't think I made a change to have text only- but I cannot find a way back. Is there a place...