Windows 10: W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.

Discus and support W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.416.68 (Official build) (64-bit) - a recent update - running on a HP Pavilion x360 Model 14 laptop (Op System... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Saxonheart, May 2, 2020.

1. W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.

Hi, I have Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.416.68 (Official build) (64-bit) - a recent update - running on a HP Pavilion x360 Model 14 laptop (Op System Windows 10 Home) and want to be able to block notifications from dodgy websites. I have looked online and found that in Settings you CAN stop notifications from specific sites. But on the version I have I can only see an option to either allow or stop ALL notifications. Can someone please explain where I am going wrong? Thanks.

:)

Saxonheart, May 2, 2020

2. blocking advertisement in Microsoft Edge

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Please follow the steps to block Pop-ups or Ads.

• Open “Microsoft Edge settings”.
    • Select the option “View advance settings”.
    • Turn on “Pop-up block”.
    • And also turn on “help protect me from malicious sites and downloads from Smart filter”.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 2, 2020
  3. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 2, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 2, 2020
Thema:

W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.

1. W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites. - Similar Threads - W10 Microsoft Edge

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  5. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  6. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...
  7. Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox: How to: Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox How to Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox Content blocking is a collection of Firefox privacy features that protect you from threats and annoyances on the Web. This...
  8. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...
  9. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...