Windows 10: W10 Mouse focus locked on one window

Discus and support W10 Mouse focus locked on one window in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I haven’t really installed anything recently so I’m not sure what it may be related to, however recently after around 5-15 minutes of being signed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zen__, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Zen__ Win User

W10 Mouse focus locked on one window

So I haven’t really installed anything recently so I’m not sure what it may be related to, however recently after around 5-15 minutes of being signed in, I become locked onto one window which is opened and I cannot interact with other ones using my mouse. I can, by opening the application search menu with my command key, open other things however they remain uninteractable using my mouse. I can type and use other keyboard functions and shortcuts, though. If I close out of the window I am currently in, focus is given to the next active window usually. The issue can be temporarily be resolved by

:)

Zen__, Jun 8, 2022

2. ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 8, 2022
  3. Mouse focus locked to one window shortly after starting an Adobe program

Hi A.Irino,

One of the possible reasons that this issue occurs is due to outdated or corrupted mouse driver, or application issues. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• Is this issue only occurs if you launch an Adobe application?
    • Is the cursor's focus only locks in Adobe applications or all applications (e.g. notepad, Microsoft office applications, etc.)?
    • Did you make any significant hardware or software changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    As initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If issue persists, follow these steps to update/uninstall drive:

• Right-click the Start button, then click Device Manger.
    • In the list of hardware categories, double-click Mice and other pointing devices and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, then click Update Driver and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If Update Driver is not applicable, click the Driver tab and then click Uninstall.

Note: If you uninstall your driver, just restart your computer for the device to be installed automatically.

If the issue is isolated with all Adobe applications, we suggest that you check for any application updates. If application update is not applicable, we recommend that you try to uninstall and re-install affected applications.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Jun 8, 2022
  4. Subvet62 Win User

W10 Screen goes on and off and never lock on. Mouse and keys are non-responsive. Computer is locke up. Help!

W10 Screen goes on and off and never locks on. Mouse and keys are non-responsive. Computer is locked up. Help!

Subvet62, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

1. W10 Mouse focus locked on one window - Similar Threads - W10 Mouse focus

2. Windows 10 Mouse lock to one application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mouse lock to one application: Hi,I have noticed an issue recently relating to a double-screen setup I have at home. On boot up of the computer and during general use, the mouse will only be able to send inputs onto one application. The mouse is able to move across both screens, it's just input is blocked....
  3. Windows 10 Mouse lock to one application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mouse lock to one application: Hi,I have noticed an issue recently relating to a double-screen setup I have at home. On boot up of the computer and during general use, the mouse will only be able to send inputs onto one application. The mouse is able to move across both screens, it's just input is blocked....
  4. Windows 10 Mouse lock to one application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. W10 Mouse focus locked on one window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Mouse focus locked on one window: So I haven’t really installed anything recently so I’m not sure what it may be related to, however recently after around 5-15 minutes of being signed in, I become locked onto one window which is opened and I cannot interact with other ones using my mouse. I can, by opening...
  6. W10 Mouse focus locked on one window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Mouse focus locked on one window: So I haven’t really installed anything recently so I’m not sure what it may be related to, however recently after around 5-15 minutes of being signed in, I become locked onto one window which is opened and I cannot interact with other ones using my mouse. I can, by opening...
  7. Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working: Hello,I've had this weird problem for weeks now. My mouse, seemingly at random, doesn't focus the window I click on but instead returns to focus that which was in focus when it the problem started. For example: I'm in browser window A but when i click on browser window B, it...
  8. That one focus border.

in Windows 10 Support
    That one focus border.: Hello, I'm sorry to bother everyone about this issue that has been discussed so many times before, but I tried looking around and I wasn't able to find any proper solution. So there's this issue with the focus border appearing on unfocused items in explorer, for example...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10: This is related to a work computer. It is a brand new computer running Windows 10 version 1809. The problem: On the login/lock screen (the screen before typing your password) the keyboard and mouse don't work, except for hitting Control + Alt + Delete. Hitting Ctrl Alt...
  10. Focus follows mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus follows mouse: Like many old-timers, I find having focus follows mouse (x-mouse) a much more productive way to work than having to click in a window to give it focus. A huge advantage is to have information in a foreground window and be able to move the mouse into a partially obscured...