Windows 10: W10 MS Money app crashes when trying to view Currency

Discus and support W10 MS Money app crashes when trying to view Currency in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago, Currency in the W10 MS Money app started crashing. Money itself launches fine, but when I click on Currency, or if I add Currency to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MHP777, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MHP777 Win User

W10 MS Money app crashes when trying to view Currency

A few months ago, Currency in the W10 MS Money app started crashing. Money itself launches fine, but when I click on Currency, or if I add Currency to my Start menu and launch it from there, either way it first attempts to go there but then immediately closes Money. If I try it a second time, sometimes it will do the same (close immediately after attempting to start), and sometimes it produces the error "An error occurred - Try refreshing?" If I click on the link that error provides, to Refresh it, it then brings up Currency. If I close the Money app and launch it again, whether launched immediately afterwards or after waiting some time, the same issues happen, in order as described above. Consistently.

The exact screen and scenario was addressed by another Web site, https://www.cruseit.com/2016/05/an-error-occurred-try-refreshing/. However: 1) The solution given at that site does not work, even when followed precisely step by step (including uninstalling the app, taking ownership of WindowsApps, deleting only the indicated folders, and reinstalling the app), and 2) This problem only started occurring a few months ago, so I assume it happened in conjunction with a Windows Update. I waited a few months to bring this up, assuming another Windows Update would fix it. Not.

Restarting the computer doesn't help. Resetting the Live Tile Cache in the registry doesn't help. Turning the Live Tile for Money off and on doesn't help. Uninstalling Money and reinstalling it (as noted above) doesn't help.

This is really annoying, as I track currency rates daily and I need to use this app and have it work smoothly - like it used to do! (It used to work like a charm!)

Any help for this???

:)

MHP777, Aug 18, 2018

2. MSN Money Currency Converter not working

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Apps like MSN Money Currency Converter uses live feeds from web. I suggest you to consider the following important points and check if it helps to identify the issue.

• Check if the Date, time and Time zone is set correct. Because certain financial real time programs uses time stamps to update its resources. Follow the steps to set the date and time:

a. Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.

b. Click Change date and time button.

c. Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.

Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.
    • Refer to the below link to deploy the Troubleshooter for Windows 10 apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps
    • Reinstall the MSN Money Currency Converter app and check if it helps.

Write to us with the updated results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 18, 2018
  3. DROSIA Win User
    MSN Money Currency Converter not working

We have 2 PCs both with Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

In both PCs we sign in using a local account (not a MS a/c)

In one of them the MSN Money Currency Converter works OK with live forex currency rates.

In the other PC though all currencies in MSN Money Currency Converter show 0,00 ($0,00, €0,00 etc.)

Any explanation and / or fix please?

Thank you

Original title: MSN Money Currency Converter

DROSIA, Aug 18, 2018
  4. LL-1023 Win User

MS Money in Windows 10

I've been using MS Money 2005 and just bought a new computer with windows 10. I want to load MS Money Sunset, but it tells me that I need internet explorer 7. Do you suggest that I follow the steps you've outlined prior to installing MS money in order
    for it to download? Ore their other steps I need to do?

LL-1023, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 MS Money app crashes when trying to view Currency - Similar Threads - W10 Money app

2. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  3. MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money showing Investment 'Last Price' in GBP equivalent rather than original currency: I recently added a new investment and account in USD, my base currency is GBP. When I view the account summary it shows the Cost and Market value in USD but the Last price in GBP equivalent. I have other investments in C$ and EUR which show the Last Price in their original...
  4. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  5. MS Money

MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  6. MS Money Sunset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money Sunset: Dear, For some time now, MS Money Sunset takes 15 minutes to start working. The operation is very slow, taking up to 5 minutes to input a Banking or Credit Card entry. I already deleted all past releases and my file is only with data from 2022. What to do?...
  7. Windows Security app crashes when trying to view Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security app crashes when trying to view Protection History: I'm running 1909. Whenever I try viewing "Protection History", the Windows Security app crashes: Faulting application path: C:\windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUI.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll...
  8. Microsoft Money under Windows 10 - Currency updates

Microsoft Money under Windows 10 - Currency updates: The currency rates are not updated on the watchlist tab of the application. There is proper internet connetion and the settings of the Norton firewall seem to be OK as well....
  9. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...
  10. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....