Windows 10: w10 multiple items on taskbar not working

Discus and support w10 multiple items on taskbar not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I noticed that multiple items on my taskbar is not working. When I click on the apps such as clock and calendar it will close automatically right away.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oscarbb1, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Oscarbb1 Win User

w10 multiple items on taskbar not working

I noticed that multiple items on my taskbar is not working. When I click on the apps such as clock and calendar it will close automatically right away. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Oscarbb1, Jun 22, 2022

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2022
  3. how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply.

Answer for your question, “Windows 7 ability to pin recent opened items in jump lists is the fastest way to access your most used stuff, is this feature discontinued in W10?” “YES”

You have an option to pin the recent opened items in the jump lists. Windows 10 allows you to display the recent items starting from number 0 to 60. You can choose any number as per your preference and then you will be able to see that number of recent
    items on your Jump Lists. To quickly open any program, you can also use Quick Access on Windows 10.

It shows you the list of lately and repeatedly opened, mostly visited, tasks or pinned items of any pinned program or currently active program on the Taskbar. When you make a right click on any pinned item on the Taskbar or on any running program, you can
    see a list of certain items. Those items are different for files, folders, and websites. The pinned and recent items are visible in case of folders. You are also provided with the facility to pin the recent items. And the Jump Lists of file show you the recently
    used file along with an option to pin them to the taskbar. But the websites have different sections like most visited, recently closed, and tasks.

Note: The number of Jump Lists on windows 10 is 10 by default.

If you are facing issue with jump list/ or you want to have more than 10 jump list to be view on windows 10 after upgrading, I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the settings.
    How to Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Enter into the Settings app from the polished Start Menu.

2. Upon the emergence of the Settings app, click Personalization symbol.

3. Go to the last option on the left column and click Start.

4. The Start on the right pane showcases four option. Read the last one, Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or Taskbar.

5. To Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10, toggle it to On.

6. Now, right click on any opened program on Taskbar and you can see the Jump Lists.

7. On Start Menu, click on the arrow next to the program and its displays you the Jump Lists.

8. If you prefer not to see the Jump Lists, toggle it to off in the Start of Personalization category of Settings app.

9. Execute a right click on a program on Taskbar and you can no more see the Jump Lists items.

10. And have the option of changing the Jump lists ON or OFF.

Hope this information is more helpful. Please do let us know if

you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Temendor Win User

taskbar and menu items not working

If you go to the settings and click open the account tab do you see your self as the administrator. If not it indicates that you need to create one or give your self the access. The error you got also indicates that you are not authorized to change the settings.

while looking in to this I came up with a possible other solution:
    "I had this issue as well. The following helped me:1) Run "/sfc scannow" in Administrative Command Prompt
    2) Create a new user account
    3) Log out of current account and sign into new account
    4) Wait a few minutes then sign out of new account and log in to your account
    5) Open start menu"

[/quote] L: My Computer
    w10 multiple items on taskbar not working [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Own build
    CPU: intel i5-4690K (4CPUs) ~3.5Ghz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte z97x-Gaming 3
    Memory: HyperX singlestick 8gb 1333Mhz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce gtx 780 Windforce OC 3GB

[*]
    licinio Junior Member Posts : 3 win 10
    New[/b] 02 Aug 2015 #5

Temendor, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

1. w10 multiple items on taskbar not working - Similar Threads - w10 multiple items

2. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple items on taskbar is not working: Hi,I don't know what happen but for some reason most of the items on my taskbar is not working this includes; search bar, calendar, and even weather....
  3. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple items on taskbar is not working: Hi,I don't know what happen but for some reason most of the items on my taskbar is not working this includes; search bar, calendar, and even weather....
  4. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. w10 multiple items on taskbar not working

w10 multiple items on taskbar not working: I noticed that multiple items on my taskbar is not working. When I click on the apps such as clock and calendar it will close automatically right away. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. w10 multiple items on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 multiple items on taskbar not working: I noticed that multiple items on my taskbar is not working. When I click on the apps such as clock and calendar it will close automatically right away. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Taskbar items not working properly

Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  8. Windows 10 multiple items on taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 multiple items on taskbar not working: Recently noticed that multiple items on my taskbar are not working. These are the ones I observed:SearchClock/CalendarWeatherWhen I click/hover on any of these it tries to start a blank window appears for a second and closes immediately. I tried multiple suggestions like SFC...
  9. Taskbar Items Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not Working?: Hello all, By Task Bar items I mean; Start button, Cortana search, speaker icon, Network icon, Date/time. When I click on the badge(?) nothing happens. The apps like File Explorer, Chrome open with no problem. If i Right click Start button and click Search then nothing...
  10. Taskbar Items Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not working: Start, Search items won't open from the taskbar. Clicking on Start or search results in the busy icon showing for less that a second and nothing else happens! Tried restarting explorer - no joy. 11982