Windows 10: W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

Discus and support W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LB Waugh, Feb 16, 2016.

1. LB Waugh Win User

W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/ Belarc. My network is visible to her system and public files accessible. Hers, and the usb printer on her PC are NOT visible at all to my side of the network. It's as though her system isn't on the network.

Every setting in network sharing matches. I've checked several times to be certain both PCs have the exact same Advanced Network Sharing settings.

I am also running Linux Mint 64-bit as a dual boot. Needless to say, networking using Linux is PERFECT. Any suggestions?

Thank you *Smile

:)

LB Waugh, Feb 16, 2016

2. ASUS ET2701 Windows10 and WIFI

Has anyone using the ET2701 experienced an issue with WIFI on Windows10? Sometimes both of my wifi networks are not visible on this PC but work fine and are visible on other devices. The only way I can make them visible to connect to is to restart the router.
    This also happened when I was using W8.1 on this PC and had a different router. The odd thing is that other wifi signals that belong to neighbours are still visible but not mine. Information in Device Manager is that this PC is using the following network
    adaptor:- Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter - Driver version 3.0.2.201

I am not using the WLAN_AzureWave_NB097_Win8_64_V100075 software that was supplied when this PC was originally supplied with W8

tony bowman w10, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Network computers: one one, both computers visible, on the other, none

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer the below questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you using Home group to connect the computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Did you run the Home Group trouble shooter?
    You may follow the below steps to check the network discovery is turned on in both computers.

1. You may type advanced sharing in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Manage advanced sharing settings.

2. Tap or click the chevron to expand the Private network profile.

3. Tap or click Turn on network discovery, place a tick mark for turn on automatic setup of network connected devices, Allow windows to manage homegroup network and then tap or click save changes. You might be asked for an admin password or
    to confirm your choice.

If you have not run the Home group troubleshooter, you may also run the Home Group troubleshooting, if you are facing issues with connecting to the network.

1. On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”

2. Click on “View all”

3. Click on “Home Group” and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, if you are not signed in as an administrator, Sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the administrator account to check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to disable antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

This is a known W10 bug. It is to do with which PC is the Master Browser, the one that is can see the network and other one can't. Not sure when MS will provide a fix for this. A work around is to start up your PC's in a different order then you will find the situation is reversed.

philc43, Feb 16, 2016
Thema:

1. W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible) - Similar Threads - W10 network works

2. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....: set to private network on both. have tried DISM, uninstalling/reinstalling network adapter, SFC, finds no issues, tries net fix - no good. also have tried other possible solutions as posted on web....
  3. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....: set to private network on both. have tried DISM, uninstalling/reinstalling network adapter, SFC, finds no issues, tries net fix - no good. also have tried other possible solutions as posted on web....
  4. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC not visible in W10 network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not visible in W10 network: I have 2 PCs on my home network, call them A & B. On PC A under network in Windows Explorer both PCs are visible and A can access shared folders on B. On PC B under network in Windows Explorer only B is visible and A is not visible. A had a recent reinstall of W10.I have done...
  6. PC not visible in W10 network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not visible in W10 network: I have 2 PCs on my home network, call them A & B. On PC A under network in Windows Explorer both PCs are visible and A can access shared folders on B. On PC B under network in Windows Explorer only B is visible and A is not visible. A had a recent reinstall of W10.I have done...
  7. PC not visible in W10 network

8. Network works one way only

Network works one way only: I have two WIN 10 computers connected to modem/router by cable. When I open the network on computer "A", I can get to documents and other files on computer "B". However, when I try to get to the computer "A" from computer "B", the system asks for Network credentials. I don't...
  9. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network: I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop). Desktop and Server are both are connected by ethernet to the same router, with Laptop connecting to it via WiFi. Server and Laptop both see each...
  10. home network works one-way only

home network works one-way only: From my wifi laptop I can see my ethernet desktop's username in file explorer's network, and can access files. Using my desktop, I can see my laptop but the only Users listed are ADMINI~1; Default; and Default.migrated. I don see the username of my laptop from my desktop pc...