Windows 10: W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot

Discus and support W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Ten, I found Solved disksnapshot.exe? - Windows 10 Forums and I found What does disksnapshot.exe do? and what is it? - WindowsInstructed. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bjm, Jul 23, 2016.

1. BJM
    bjm Win User

W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot

Hello Ten,
    I found Solved disksnapshot.exe? - Windows 10 Forums and I found What does disksnapshot.exe do? and what is it? - WindowsInstructed. I'm wondering, what does Windows do with the snapshot taken to check the health of the disk.
    Does Windows record or report disk health somewhere. Does Windows prompt me, if disk health is not as per some performance matrix. What is disk health criteria. Does Windows tel(emtry) disk health to me / to WaaS.
    I'm recent to W10 and curious about minutia.
    Thanks

:)

2. Mail and Calendar App, Windows 10

Hi,

Newbie to the community.

I am running W10, on a Samsung Pro S.

When in the Mail app, and wanting to create a new mail, the pane where I'm writing the message is pretty small. Can it not be maximised?

Thanks in anticipation.

P

PeterAEvans6, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Newbie question re connectivity

Sorry it's the Nokia 5800. I had posted another question somewhere else and forgot I hadn't specified the phone.

Pete

petefarmer, Jul 23, 2016
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

Um, is my Topic under moderation review.

Thema:

1. W10 newbie Q: re disksnapshot - Similar Threads - W10 newbie disksnapshot

2. Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie: I am new to W10 (Professional version 1809). I know there are tutorials and threads on updates but I need to ask this from my particular experience. Last night I was using the computer when the screen went blue, some updates took place (I cannot remember what it said but I...
  3. Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie

in Windows 10 Support
    Some guidance please on updates for W10 newbie: I am new to W10 (Professional version 1809). I know there are tutorials and threads on updates but I need to ask this from my particular experience. Last night I was using the computer when the screen went blue, some updates took place (I cannot remember what it said but I...
  4. newbie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newbie: I have a laptop with genuine Windows default his laptop then I bring my laptop to the computer worker after the Windows OS check is changed to not original, how do I restore the windows to the original version? Because recovery is deleted thank you...
  5. Password Managers Newbie Re: Password Safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Managers Newbie Re: Password Safe: https://www.pwsafe.org/ I have never used one before but am getting to the point where it seems like it might be a good idea. I did a cursory look on TenForums but it was inconclusive: https://www.tenforums.com/search.php?searchid=11357568 Anyone have an opinion on a...
  6. Q: re Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Q: re Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe: Hello Ten, I run third party AV. So, Windows Defender is off and Windows Defender Service is Manual -- not running. I'm wondering why I see > C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe called. I found > MpCmdRun.exe running, but I use a different antivirus, why? -...
  7. W10 newby, grieving loss of WLFG or WFG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 newby, grieving loss of WLFG or WFG: Hello All, There's an old thread about W10 not having Windows Live Photo Gallery and I was excited about the idea to dload W Essentials, but MS has disabled the dload link. I am in process of transitioning to a brand new laptop running W10 and disappointed about losing...
  8. Couple of Q's from a W10 newie

in Windows 10 Support
    Couple of Q's from a W10 newie: Hi all, Can anybody tell me why the transfer rate from my W10 PC to a USB flash drive is so terribly slow? Gawd, nearly an hour to transfer 14Gb. And how the hell can I remove the infernal rectangle of translucent colour around desktop icon when I hover over them. Tried...
  9. New to W10 - imaging Q

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New to W10 - imaging Q: Hey all *Smile Have been using W7, where I have Acronis to image my C drive. What is the recommended way to image the C drive in W10? Is Acronis still a good way to go? Should I use the W10 imaging system - called ICD, I think? Thanks in advance. 74130
  10. Re-Installing W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Installing W10: Hi, HP desktop. I upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro. I do not have W7 product key. I would like to fresh install W10 Pro because my PC has so much junk. I will use a W10 ISO file downloaded from the web. Will I be asked for a key when re-installing W10.....? Thank...