Windows 10: W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

Discus and support W10 no longer can access other devices on network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I THINK I found the problem/answer in another thread, ... but it is an old thread and I am not sure. That thread is here: Cannot access shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WacoJohn, May 20, 2017.

1. WacoJohn Win User

W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

I THINK I found the problem/answer in another thread, ... but it is an old thread and I am not sure. That thread is here:

Cannot access shared network drive

In any case, here is the case:

Computer #1 DELL W10-64
    Computer #2 Toshiba W7-64
    Computer #3 Acer W7-32
    NAT drive connected to router.

#2 and #3 work perfectly in every respect. They both access the entire network.

#1 lists itself, #2 and #3 but not NATdrive in Explorer but when I try to connect to either, 2 or 3, I get:

I can access Dell-64 (itself) good and proper.

This has developed within the last week.

#1 Network Discovery on. File and printer sharing on. Homegroup managed by Windows (but I am on a WORKGROUP). Same for PUBLIC. Password Protection is ON.

Help is greatly appreciated in advance.

:)

WacoJohn, May 20, 2017
  2. jpmitch Win User

Windows 10 blocking other devices on network

I have upgraded my home systems to Windows 10. If the Windows 10 machine is powered on & connected to the network, no other devices on the network get internet access.

I can connect to the network, but I'm blocked from accessing the internet.

I've tested the issue multiple times. As soon as I power down the Windows 10 system, network access for all other devices is restored. When the W10 machine connects to the network, all other devices are shut out.

jpmitch, May 20, 2017
  3. Printing through another computer on tne home network.

I just upgraded to W10; and now, I can't print through the other computer on my home network. The computer that has the printer is running W7-64bit. that computer can see this computer, but this computer cannot see that one. Additionally I can no longer
    access the http://192.168.1.1 to see my network. Why is this?

McCagg.R.H., May 20, 2017
  4. W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

I have a client that developed the same problem, in the last week.

In his case, it is a Linksys wireless router with a My Book hard drive attached to the router. Three laptops are involved (Win 10, Win 10, Win 8.1) and the laptop with the latest Win 10 updates will not see the My Book while the other laptops can use the My Book. Related to the WannaCry patch from Microsoft??

mahoneycutt, May 20, 2017
  5. WacoJohn Win User
    My problem is a little worse. W10 doesn't see the NAT at all, and will not connect/access #2 or #3. I would say the problem started just about when WannaCry came on the scene. Let us hope it will be fixed, IF it is a MS update. Thank you for the input. Good to know.

WacoJohn, May 20, 2017
  6. WacoJohn Win User
    MS update being the cause of the problem is speculation. Still need help with this if available.

WacoJohn, May 21, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Did you then turn off SMB1 as a precaution?
    WannaCry

8. WacoJohn Win User

Yes, .. under advice I found in several places on the Internet (CNET, ZDNET, etc) ... Guess I need to turn it back on(?) I will bet my life that is the problem. THANK YOU. Give me your opinion on turning it back on, please.

WacoJohn, May 21, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    The worm that delivers WannaCry uses SMB1 to do it. On a corporate network allowing SMB1 poses a risk.

As long as you are happy that your Windows 7 machines are fully up to date and that your router's firewall is blocking access from outside than it should be safe to turn it back on. It's crucial that Windows 7 has the latest patches...

Almost all WannaCry victims were running Windows 7

10. WacoJohn Win User
    Based on your BRILLIANT advice, I feel it safe to turn it back on which I just now did. All problem(s) are resolved. Thank you ... immensely.

WacoJohn, May 21, 2017
  11. evildog1 Win User
    I have got the same problem. It only show my PC name in network. It won't connect to \\wdmycloud but mycloud does appear in Media Devices section and not Computers. I didn't disable SMB. Please help

W10 no longer can access other devices on network. [​IMG]

evildog1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 no longer can access other devices on network. - Similar Threads - W10 longer access

2. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  5. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  6. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  7. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

8. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines: Hi all! I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped. I've got 2 PC's and a laptop. Laptop behaves the same way as PC2 so I'll discount that for now. The issue: PC1 appears to have an issue with...
  9. A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...: I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse the other computer drives with no problems. It can be pinged with no problems. When I try to map a network drive on...
  10. Problem accessing other devices on my network

Problem accessing other devices on my network: In Windows 7, if I needed to grab something off the desktop of one of my other boxes, I would just run something like the following... \\COMPUTERNAME\c$\users\myself\desktop and it would open an explorer window to that folder on that box. When I try this from the...