Windows 10: W10 Not responding problem

Discus and support W10 Not responding problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a clean fresh install of W10 on a new hard drive on my Lenovo desktop (AMD A6 3600) at first I had a few problems, then I installed a new video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Nov 14, 2015.

1. lenberman Win User

W10 Not responding problem

I did a clean fresh install of W10 on a new hard drive on my Lenovo desktop (AMD A6 3600) at first I had a few problems, then I installed a new video driver and it took care of most of my issues, freeze ups, lot of spinning blue circles, and the new video driver took care of most of that. But many times when I open a new tab in Chrome, I still get the spinning circle and many times it won't progress at all. I like W10 and hope to be able to use it but the "not responding" problem is a big issue. I have on-board Radeon graphics and I'm wondering if an inexpensive video card may be the solution. I don't need complicated graphics since I do email and browsing only. Can you reccomend a video card.

:)

lenberman, Nov 14, 2015

2. November 1511 update fails to install

Hi Andre,

Thank you for responding, Microsoft techs have downloaded the W10 ISO in media form for me on 2 occasions and it is on my computer, it has made no difference to resolving the problem. They tell me the W10 that is on my computer is not the problem and keep
    telling me to wait for a fix?

DavidPB_047, Nov 14, 2015
  3. abtvl Win User
    W10

W10, the start icon does not respond to left click. Also notifications does not respond or open.

abtvl, Nov 14, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

When you did this fresh install did you go to Lenovo to get all Windows 10 system driver update and have you received windows updates ? Not responsive issue happens with more then just Chrome now ? How long ago was this fresh install ?
    Try to fill in more system specs here.

Here some basic things My computer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix it?

jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  5. lenberman Win User
    The fresh install was last Monday, at the time W10 indicated that the system was fully updated. I haven't gone to Lenovo for a W10 system driver. The "not responsive" happens in other apps too. The screen goes slightly grey when it happens.

lenberman, Nov 14, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Would suggest updated system drivers for win 10 on lenovo's site, even if not main issue. Slightly grey when it happens that is new to me, what is the onboard Radeon model ?

jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    What i see about grey screens is when it is all grey, not slightly grey. Do you see a picture in back round (desktop), is it completely grey with lines ? Does seem more like display drivers or Onboard card, unless bad monitor cable. Need to describe it better.

jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  8. lenberman Win User

Apparently Lenovo doesn't make video drivers for W10 for my model H415. Can you suggest an inexpensive video card? I see one from Amazon for less than $40EVGA GeForce 8400GS 1GB SDDR3

lenberman, Nov 15, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    That system Lenovo H415 some can be slightly different have few other numbers after 415, see one here shows AMD integrated card, but Lenovo site shows also an NVIDIA integrated card. Suggest an inexpensive card, but make sure that is your issue or is it that you wanted to buy a slot card anyway ? Less then $40.00 i do not think so, unless used. These system were shown on Lenovo to not be tested for Windows 10, as you see no updated drivers for Windows 10, either Windows 10 may have some of these drivers in the OS.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-h415-3099-a-series-a6-3600-2-1-ghz-4-gb-500-gb/specs/

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...o-h415-desktop

jds63, Nov 15, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Never explained your issue better with grey screen as asked. Yes, can be drivers or display adapter, but can even be RAM or system configurations.

jds63, Nov 15, 2015
  11. lenberman Win User
    I do not want to buy a new video card but my computer is still constantly doing the not responding thing. I just dragged an icon across the desktop and it stopped moving and grayed itself partially, for about 30 seconds before it responded. I appreciate your taking the time to help me.
    Len
    San Diego

lenberman, Nov 15, 2015
  12. lenberman Win User
    I don't think it's hardware since when I switch back to my old hard drive everything is flawless with W7

lenberman, Nov 15, 2015
  13. lenberman Win User

By "grey screen" I meant the screen got lighter, like if you turned up the brightness, and it was frozen.

lenberman, Nov 15, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Think i know what you mean, when PC freezes or locks up image on screen look lighter at the time it does this almost blurred and see small blue busy indicator. Is that it ?

jds63, Nov 15, 2015
  15. lenberman Win User
    Yes, light screen and the computer stays locked and shows "not responding" in the title bar until the freeze is over 20 to 40 seconds.

lenberman, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. W10 Not responding problem - Similar Threads - W10 responding problem

2. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  3. w10 activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 activation problem: I cant activate my window it always telling me this and i already remove kms pico that installed in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation-problem/4288692b-4159-4ea6-a5ac-d3ce87132b2e
  4. W10 Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Problem: so i Got a virus with 20 notifications that i have a trojan or a virus. so i renstalled windows because my cortana search does not work when im trying to download a game launcher it finishes the download at its MB but its stuck on the blue circle. and i cant open any steam...
  5. Totally un-responding W10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    Totally un-responding W10 install: I've been given a machine to look at for a friend but it has me stumped, and I'm quite techy! W10 Pro, booted it the other day and is now stuck at a blank desktop (personalised background image is there), with a totally unresponsive taskbar. Spinning wheel when you try and...
  6. Not responding problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not responding problems: Hello, My settings in Windows 10 doesn't open directly when i try opening it, it says not responding, later a small box displays and says application frame host problem. 2 i am unable to search anything in start bar Type here to search , it doesn't answer 3 my google...
  7. Not Responding Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not Responding Problem: My Laptop is recently having problems with multiple applications being unresponsive. It started out with the taskbar not allowing me to access certain apps, the search bar, nor the main windows settings. I couldnt bring it up after pressing the windows button, so I had to...
  8. W10: Audio Services Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10: Audio Services Not Responding: Hello. My Windows 10 computer had an audio error the night before akin to the sound most machines would make when blue screening. After a few moments it stopped and my audio cut out. I restarted the computer to see if that alone could fix it, but I got a BSOD with the code...
  9. W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING": W10 Cumulative Fix package "available", "Do you wish to install" ... Stupidly or not, click on OK, let's install it. Stuck at 80%, then went "NOT RESPONDING" for over 1/2 hour. Rebooted, now nothing available when I check UPDATES. So typical of these W10 installs ! What a...
  10. W10 Activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Activation problem: I am going nuts. I have an Alienware M17x previously running W7 Home. I upgraded to W10 Home last week (V1511). It went well and W10 was shown as activated with a digital entitlement. Great. However, now after a week or so, in the middle of using my machine normally I...